Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

Understood. But, as it currently stands, I'm quite content with the HD I have. The additions have no appeal to me.

Most of the existing national HD on the EA is supposedly moving to 72.7 from 61.5 by the end of the year. One suspects when this happens it'll be removed from 61.5 permanently. If they do what they've announced, you will have no HD except for what's now on 110W which isn't much. There is a reason E* wants everyone on either the pure EA or WA with no hybrid installs.

I keep hearing this. I have seen some sites (one in particular being a advertiser here) selling them for ~ $200. However, amazon is selling them for $49. Is this not the same product?

$200: Dish Network DishPRO Plus DPP44 dp44 Switch

$100: DP44 Multi-Switch w/ Power Inserter from AllstarWholesales.com.

$49: Amazon.com: Dish Pro Plus 44 Switch and Power Inserter Kit: Electronics

I must be missing something :confused:

Looks like it. Just be sure the companies you are buying from have good reps and ratings.

Most of the existing national HD on the EA is supposedly moving to 72.7 from 61.5 by the end of the year. One suspects when this happens it'll be removed from 61.5 permanently. If they do what they've announced, you will have no HD except for what's now on 110W which isn't much. There is a reason E* wants everyone on either the pure EA or WA with no hybrid installs...

Oh, I understand the reason they don't want hybrids. It's to avoid confusion such as mine when the first installer came out. I have 110/119 and a wing at 61.5. Since the new HD was on 72.7 & 129, he thought, "heck, 129 will be harder to get than 72.7, so I'll just point at 72.7." Sure enough, 72.7 was easy to find and the 9 new HD channels were there. It was only after he left that I realized that most of my other HD channels were gone, because they were on 61.5. (Hence the reason he was instructed to return and point the wing back at 61.5---ultimately, he was at other jobs too late and wouldn't be able to come back. So I pointed it back to 61.5 myself after the installer company advised I do so.--quite easily, by the way).

So, if they move all the 61.5 stuff to 72.7, I can re-aim the wing to 72.7 (still having 110/119 on the other dish)...this would still be a hybrid!

My guess is that they won't move all of 61.5's HD to 72.7 at one time. It'll probably be a few channels at a time which would result in my gradually losing HD until the transition is complete. That would be annoying. Of course if they maintained redundancy until the transition was complete, I could simply re-aim when the channels were removed from 61.5.

Then there's the probability that DISH will not do what so many are speculating or perhaps change plans mid stream...

Again, if Eastern Arc is 77, 72.7, and 61.5 and it has already been proven that I can pull in 61.5 and 72.7 with ease, why wouldn't I be able to pull in 77 and have a full Eastern Arc setup?

This also begs the question, if everything is being moved away from 61.5, then what's happening to 61.5? Will 61.5 cease to be part of Eastern Arc? Then what?

Ultimately, my concern is that I'm going to be losing HD channels as so many keep telling me that they'll be moved off 61.5. I don't care about any new HD (at least not what's currently being offered), but I don't want to lose what I've got.

Oh, I understand the reason they don't want hybrids. It's to avoid confusion such as mine when the first installer came out. I have 110/119 and a wing at 61.5. Since the new HD was on 72.7 & 129, he thought, "heck, 129 will be harder to get than 72.7, so I'll just point at 72.7." Sure enough, 72.7 was easy to find and the 9 new HD channels were there. It was only after he left that I realized that most of my other HD channels were gone, because they were on 61.5. (Hence the reason he was instructed to return and point the wing back at 61.5---ultimately, he was at other jobs too late and wouldn't be able to come back. So I pointed it back to 61.5 myself after the installer company advised I do so.--quite easily, by the way).

So, if they move all the 61.5 stuff to 72.7, I can re-aim the wing to 72.7 (still having 110/119 on the other dish)...this would still be a hybrid!

My guess is that they won't move all of 61.5's HD to 72.7 at one time. It'll probably be a few channels at a time which would result in my gradually losing HD until the transition is complete. That would be annoying. Of course if they maintained redundancy until the transition was complete, I could simply re-aim when the channels were removed from 61.5.

Then there's the probability that DISH will not do what so many are speculating or perhaps change plans mid stream...

Again, if Eastern Arc is 77, 72.7, and 61.5 and it has already been proven that I can pull in 61.5 and 72.7 with ease, why wouldn't I be able to pull in 77 and have a full Eastern Arc setup?

This also begs the question, if everything is being moved away from 61.5, then what's happening to 61.5? Will 61.5 cease to be part of Eastern Arc? Then what?

Ultimately, my concern is that I'm going to be losing HD channels as so many keep telling me that they'll be moved off 61.5. I don't care about any new HD (at least not what's currently being offered), but I don't want to lose what I've got.

Like you said the worst would be that you would be caught without some HD in transition and would just have to wait to repoint to 72.7. I think the "to be moved" will be moved to 72.7 but stay on 61.5 until the end of the year before being removed. That would give you ample time to repoint without losing what you already have. If you can get 72.7 and 61.5 you probably can also get 77W as long as you are clear 5 degrees farther from 72.7. Eventually there likely will be more HD locals placed at 61.5.

I get 61.5 72.7, and 77 and There is really not much on 77. c-span and a few others moved to 72 last week and I am told more will move soon. The only reason I have it at all is my wife likes the c-span book club and suffered with it in sd. I was told there was some audio on it (77.7) but I could not find it.

Just called tech support to try to get the new HD. Currently have 110/119/61.5 wing. After telling them that I'm a 10 yr customer & they should upgrade me to eastern arc for free they said that there currently is a EA upgrade program for $1 and 2yr commitment, so I took it since I'm not going anywhere and is basically free. Made the appointment for Saturday morning.

Good to see that. How did you initiate your upgrade? Another member mentioned that he got it free several weeks ago from the ceo email address. So I tried that and so far no response. :(

I went through the ceo email address. Got a return email within two days, said they'd take care of it at no charge and asked when would be a good time for the installer to come out. Install was done about three days after that.

Remember, as my earlier post said, my initial email reminded them that I have had America's Everything Pack and all HD available for over eight years, and that I had two mpeg4 receivers.

I swear that after the installation of the 1000.4, the HD picture looks better. Is the transmission less compressed on 72.7?

I went through the ceo email address. Got a return email within two days...

Remember, as my earlier post said, my initial email reminded them that I have had America's Everything Pack and all HD available for over eight years, and that I had two mpeg4 receivers.

Well, I have 3 mpeg-4 receivers and AT250. Still no response out of the CEO address and it's been nearly 2 weeks. Last time I tried it (getting two 612's shipped rather than installed), I also got response 2 days later. Huh.

Utilized the CEO Address... all is righ with my HD

Used the CEO address, they repointed to 129... (Jeez I feel stupid, I didn't think I could, thought my other dish was in the way. Guess that's why they are professionals, and I'm a cube dweller!)

No charge it appears and no having to reup for two years. Though I was ready and willing to. No problem for me. I'll still be here two years from now on Dish.

Now to get the hard drive to turn my 211 into a DVR! :D

Hello, everyone. New member, longtime lurker, just to report the completely painless upgrade experience today to the eastern arc. Went from 2 dishes to 1, and confirmed the additional HD channels, the absence of which prompted my call to support 2 days ago. My experience may be an exception, but this was, by any metric, great service.

New member, longtime lurker, just to report the completely painless upgrade experience today to the eastern arc.
How much did this cost you? I just tried the online chat with tech support and the best they could do was charge me $6 + $15 + unspecified amount to downgrade again. My email to the ceo address has gone unanswered.

How much did this cost you? I just tried the online chat with tech support and the best they could do was charge me $6 + $15 + unspecified amount to downgrade again. My email to the ceo address has gone unanswered.
Fifteen bucks is what they told me. I do have that $6/month insurance charge, so the $15 is something like a co-pay, I guess.

Just did chat and this is what I got...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Please wait while we find a representative to assist you. In order to ensure we are providing you with the highest level of customer satisfaction, this conversation will be recorded.
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: I'd be happy to assist you with that.
me: ok thanks
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: Are you looking to upgrade your equipment or add TVs?
me: EA upgrade program for $1 and 2yr commitment
me: eastern arc dish
me: 1000.4
me: to receive the new hd channels that were lit up a few weeks ago
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: Ok, the $1 is the hold amount placed on your credit card.
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: so, you just want to get the new HD channels?
me: placed on my credit card...for what if i might ask
me: yes
me: new hd
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: Just for a hold until the installation is done.
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: ok
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: For account security purposes, can you please verify the last 4 of your SSN on the account?
me: ****
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: thank you. Actually just to upgrade to the HD channels, you don't need the $1 hold on your credit card or a new 24 month commitment. that is only if you are upgrading your equipment as well.
me: no
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: ok
me: i have 622 and 211 both should be compatitable
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: Yes, I can have someone out tomorrow 8-12 or 12-5, which works better?
me: 12-5 but no one will be here until after 3ish
me: is there another day
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: sure any day you want
me: saturday maybe
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: No problem, give me a moment to schedule this.
me: ok and there is no charge no cost no nothing correct
me: and for the 1000.4 dish
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: Your Technician Visit is scheduled for 3/20 between 12-5. The tech will arrive at your home during this timeframe, however the completion of the work may go past 5PM. The Technician Visit will take 1-3 hours so please plan accordingly. Please plan accordingly so that the tech can complete the work as required. Once the work has been completed you will see the charge for $0 on your next statement listed as Technician Visit.
If you need to reschedule, please call 1-800-894-9131 or contact us through the Live Chat link online at least 24 hours in advance to notify us. Someone 18 years or older will need to be present in order for the work to be performed. Your service call includes a 60 day warranty.

me: eastern arc correct
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: Correct.
me: haha
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
me: just want to make sure i owe nothing
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: You are correct. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a wonderful day!
me: are you sure
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: Yes
me: haha sorry i just want to make sure
me: haha
(04-03-23rf) Karen A. LJ0: You can be sure.
me: ok thanks and i apperciate your help
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

So according to Karen I owe nothing and free upgrade to EA

We will see what happens on Sat

Have two dishes - 110/119 and 61.5, and two receivers VIP612 and 381. Did a chat twice and asked for upgrade - first CSR didn't have any idea of new HD channels, second CSR set up for me instalation of Dish 1000.4 on 03/19/2010 between 8 and 12. The tech was here 10 mins before 8 am, we talk and I told him what I want - keep 110/119 dish for 381 and replace 61.5 with new Dish 1000.4 for VIP612. No problems, he was done for 1.5 hours and did a great job! Now I have all HD channels, haven't seen any missing SD channels so far... And I was told this will cost me $15, but lets see when this charge appears on my statement. I tip the tech well...

Magic Pill for Free EA Upgrade?

So, is "EA upgrade program for $1 and 2yr commitment" a secret program or is it an advertised promotion? Is it the Magic Pill to get a free upgrade to Eastern Arc so I can receive the new HD programming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)