Statement from HBO Regarding Cinemax on Dish Network.

There is an increase for both channels for next year. 43 cents per sub on HBO and 24 cents per sub on Cinemax. Maybe they are getting ready to have a showdown with HBO. If you order Showtime, isn't The Movie Channel now included?

There is an increase for both channels for next year. 43 cents per sub on HBO and 24 cents per sub on Cinemax. Maybe they are getting ready to have a showdown with HBO. If you order Showtime, isn't The Movie Channel now included?

This sounds like the true reason to me. IN fact a few months back a Dish employee that posted here or on another web board , said that Dish was getting ready to drop Hbo because of some contract dispute or price increase. Everyone thought he was crazy but he might have meant that Cinemax was going to be dropped in order to use it as leverage in the negotiations with Hbo.

I'd be willing to take a $4-$5 cut on my HD-Platinum package and drop Cinemax. I almost never watch those channels. Only reason I get it is that it would be more expensive to buy HD-Gold and the other movie packs and pay my DVR fees.

All the SD movie channels are total crap (PQ wise) when compared to any of the HD movie channels (even Universal and Starz). They look so soft and when they are letterboxed and you use the zoom they look AWEFUL (reminds me of the old VideoCD days!) I would love to have Skinemax HD because they do play some decent movies I wouldn't mind seeing in HD (though if you wait they show up on HBO anyway)

Ok I just got a statement from Dish Network about all of this...

We are really excited about what STARZ and Showtime are offering this holiday season and we are simply heavily promoting them right now. Cinemax is still available for sale.

Kyle from South Park (a la the 9/11 conspiracy episode last week)....

"Reeealllly??!!??"

That can't be it..... There has to be some backstage shoving matches going on for some reason....

I agree,
you dont remove all mentions of a pay service from your website.
you dont cancel a Free Preview of a premium service at the last moment.
you dont change search engines to point all searches for Cinemax to Starz instead.
you dont remove online ordering of a popular premium channel

Something don't add up here, and neither side is saying anything. However I am willing to bet we will hear something in the future about this.

I agree,
you dont remove all mentions of a pay service from your website.
you dont cancel a Free Preview of a premium service at the last moment.
you dont change search engines to point all searches for Cinemax to Starz instead.
you dont remove online ordering of a popular premium channel

Something don't add up here, and neither side is saying anything. However I am willing to bet we will hear something in the future about this.
Don't you ever get the feeling "E" is manipulating you sometimes?

SOMETIMES? :D

Believe me I have a BS detector that goes off quite a lot when I get stuff from Dish.

This one sounded so loud that it burned out the siren!

I see Hbo and Cinemax being packaged together for a new low price to hide the new price increase that both services are asking for. EIther that or Cinemax going away since they only show the same stuff that Hbo already has shown first. I rarely watch Cinemax or Skinemax after hours.

Don't you ever get the feeling "E" is manipulating you sometimes?

(waves hand)

"These aren't the droids you're looking for....."

Well since the Star Wars marathon was recently on Cinemax HD, I figured a quote was appropriate to show how Charlie likes his Jedi Mind Tricks.....

(waves hand)

"These aren't the droids you're looking for....."

Well since the Star Wars marathon was recently on Cinemax HD, I figured a quote was appropriate to show how Charlie likes his Jedi Mind Tricks.....

Ah ha, a chance to use my trusty SW smilies:

StarWars.gif :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)