Station "Chit-Chat" on Newsfeeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Additional audio tracks come in as extra audio PIDs in the program stream. It's on a per-channel basis (not per transponder). To make use of them, just go to your receiver's "audio languages" setting and select "language 2" for example. In the case of the Pansat 2500A, press the audio selection button on the remote. It's at the bottom left of the remote, with the picture of the speaker next to the question mark. Then you'll see what languages are available. Use the down arrow to move between languages. Some times one "language" (audio track) will actually have separate audio tracks on its left and right stereo channels. To select one of those further channels, press left or right. Note, however, left and right only act as "try next setup" rather than actually picking the left and right channels. In other words, no matter which (left, right) you press, it will always cycle to "left", "right", then both (stereo).

You can see a quick indicator on the 2500A of what's available per channel as you flip through them, since its info window shows the current audio selection in the lower right corner. If you see "Language 1" or some other number, there are multiple audio tracks. Otherwise, "Language" without a number indicates there's only one audio track.

Please excuse all the bloviation on that but I hope it all made sense. On an unrelated note, all you technofolks out there, this is my 0x200-th post. :D

Thanks TuxCoder for the info. I have tried several feeds this morning without success. I see what you mean about language 1 and language 2. I have gone back and forth between both languages ...no luck hearing the control or truck. I noticed that on some of the feeds the difference between the audio of language 1 and 2 was only 1 unit (i.e. 256 to 257) am I on the right track??

wxman, i think TuxCoder is only talking about Fox News...not all the other random news feeds. With most of the news feeds that you see...for example the Boston Parade this morning...you won't hear the other side of the conversation on either audio channel because it is sent via cell phone.

And I can't get Fox News on my dish for some reason either.

Those secondary (and tertiary, etc.) languages are still worth exploring on anything you get FTA. This includes normal channels and feeds.

And yes, wxman1, typically the different APIDs only vary by one value apiece.

I finally finished redoing my dish mount this afternoon. I'd had a good craftsman screwdriver cocked under one side of the foot to make it level, and was tired of watching it up there slowly rusting so now it's out of there and I have washers in the right place. :) Anyways, I also retuned my dish and have the strongest signals I've ever seen on all satellites. :yes So Fox News is still at 45 or so. But I'm still keeping an eye out for the director's audio and haven't heard any yet. :( Hopefully I've just been missing it but it's starting to look like maybe they took it down. Must have read one of my many posts about it...

But if I should happen to hear anything on there again, I'll post it instantly fer sure!

Great News!

Fox News currently has the director's commands on the second language! It's 8:30 EDT now, and who's to say there will be any of it for the 9pm and after shows... so... get it while you can! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)