This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

STB Health Lite- WTH?

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
My 625 downloaded a software upgrade today. I noticed new readings after pushing details in the system info screen. This is where I usually just see the word good, or in the past it told me of LNB drift.
Today it says Good, but has the words STB Health Lite plus a bunch of numbers and values I don't understand.

Does this mean my 625 is going bad or some new feature to monitor the health of the box?
The SW version is L466.

it's a new feature from the updates that are rolling out. that's all i know. maybe some one else here knows more on the details. you're good:up

Im having the same issue help!!!!

mine says

STB Health Lite
Tuner 0 as of Orbital 14 15 16 21

Its on my dish 300 pointed towards 61.5. I had a LNB drift on this dish not too long ago.....

No your receiver is not going bad. 14,15,16, & 21 are the transponders that STB heath use as a base to tell if your receiver is having signal issues.

STB health is a feature that monitors the signal strength to the box. If it detects a reading that is low, it will send a signal to dish if you have a phone line connected, or pop up an error on the screen with a number to call if you don't have a phone line connected.

It only is concerned about the readings on 110 & 119 on those 4 transponders, It shows readings for signals on 61.5 & 129, but won't send in an error for low or no readings on those 2 sats.

If it gets at low reading in yellow or red on your signal meter( look at the time of the reading, probably between 3-4 am) it will send an error to dish and you will get a phone call asking if you're having problems, and tell you that they want to send out a tech to make sure everything is OK.

It's a software progtram that dish has put in receivers to try and fix signal problems for customers before they actually lose their picture, or notice a problem.
It's not perfect, it's a nice feature when it works correctly.:up

Actually it's "'STB Health", mini version using on non-DVR receivers; full - for DVR, what reporting each week about your behavior and the box parameters ( not necessary problems). It was posted what in there.

This STB Health Lite has been there on the ViP 211 since L4.39 update.

My 211 says Tuner 0 as of Orbital: 14 15 16 21

Value: 0:0
Value: 1:0
Value: 2:0
Value: 3:0
Value: 4:0
Value: 5:0
Value: 6:0
Value: 7:0
Value: 8:0
Value: 9:0

What do these mean?

Picture will be better, but anyway - after first line you should have some numbers for each tpn [14,15,etc], "value" does show historical values.

Do the orbital numbers refer to each sat (119, 110 and 61.5) ?

The value numbers on mine (0 thru 9) are all 0. Is this good?

Now I see ... Something wrong here. Let me make my, there are missed sat numbers and signal levels. I think your SW doesn't work as need. Perhaps a bug in it.

Looks like Darrell S and dpr in this thread see the same as I do, on different STBs.

MY 61.5 is dead

Looks like its just another way of saying "LNB Drift Detected". Whenever i run the system setup 61.5 fails, it has had 48 signal losses since 9am this morning.

Waiting for tech to arrive....

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 343
What do you see when you go further down? i.e. --the values?

Mine read as follows:

Value: 0:0
Value: 1:0
Value: 2:0
Value: 3:0
Value: 4:0
Value: 5:0
Value: 6:0
Value: 7:0
Value: 8:0
Value: 9:0

Then I doubt if it is LNB drift.

I had a similar problem and it was a misaligned dish.

Service tech should help.

yep you were right

nearby tree blocking signal, was in the 20`s

they moved the dish farther back, now getting between 50-57 signal strength