Stealth antenna getting power from Motorola box?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You can't increase power to the stealth to increase the amplification. The breakout wall-wart is sending DC power to the antenna for the amp, but adjusting this does not adjust output power. Their may be a dip switch or pot on the amp in the antenna to adjust gain, but I'm not sure. You would have to get the product manual.

ParishM said:
i asked my installer to run two separate lines and
he did with no argument.

the power injector was spliced into the OTA line
just before it connected to the receiver.

power.JPG

P....

Well this is something I DIDN"T receive from the installer. Now they insist on coming out and installing a different (probably larger) antenna instead of adding the amp to the stealth, which is probably all that is needed since I'm only around 10 miles from the OTA antennas and clear LOS.

If they did not leave this wall-wart power supply, then make them come back and give it to you. If you are 10 miles away and all of your antennas are in the same direction then don't let them install another one. This is a good antenna, get power to the amp (which at 10 miles you don't need) and hook it up. My installer left the power supply and the board he took out of the stealth to plac the amp in.
Make sure they give you this board as well, you may need it later.

A question for someone about OTA signals. On the status screen, I'm showing OTA signal power/SNR at 70/0.00, however, my signal quality moves between 15-20, and even when I disconnect the antenna completely, the OTA signal quality stays in that range.

Does anyone have an opinion on if the amp would help this? Or is this some kind of hardware/software issue?

You can still pick stuff up weakly. I didn't read this whole post, but are getting any OTA's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts