Stealthtenna Help...

TVH

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Hi all,

I currently have a Stealthtenna with amplifier. From the Stealthtenna, I have RG6 run to a ground block outside that splits the signal in two. One side of the split signal goes to the V* receiver via the injector. The other goes to the bedroom TV with no injector. I want to add an injector for the bedroom TV also and would like to know where I can purchase an injector similar to the one I am currently using for the V* receiver. Does anyone know if adding a second injector will cause any problems with the amplifier located inside the Stealthtenna? I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks, Tony.

TVH said:
I want to add an injector for the bedroom TV also...
You only need one injector (power inserter) with your antenna. All it really does, it supplies voltage to the amplifier in the antenna itself. You should not use more than one power supply with one antenna!

By the way, the power inserter should only be used if you have a separate cable run for OTA antenna (without using diplexers), which, I assume, is your case. When diplexers are installed, the power inserter is not required at all.

Two other issues may come into play here:

1. The splitter should be the type that passes DC (most do, but some do not).

2. It may be necessary to install a DC block between the splitter and bedroom TV so that the antenna power supply is not shorted out.

Thanks for the replies. Correct, I do not have a diplexer. Told the installer to run separate lines for Sat and Antenna.

Something to Ponder: How does one receive stealth antenna help? If you receive stealth antenna help, how do you know you've received anything at all? Also, how does one go about locating their stealth antenna? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts