Status
Not open for further replies.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
Saw this twice now. One post contained the term HR34 and another with WDTV. And they're clickable. Some kind of new Amazon stealth advert/spam? :confused:

I'm seeing them as well. Just assumed the poster had put them in there.

I saw that in my own post about the HR34. I did not put the link there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm.

Let me look into what's going on now.

I love it when things start happening and I didn't do anything to cause it.

Always keeps things interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When you hover over the link it states "link added by viglink"
Thanks this helped me track it down.

Seems as though Viglink has launched / upgraded its website and added some new features. Looks like they turned on Viglink Insert for us which turns certain words to links. I guess it would be a nice thing to raise revenue, however I do not want them for all usergroups. For unregistered and registered users they are ok but for pub members / supporting founders they are not. I went ahead and turned them off.

Seems as though Viglink has launched / upgraded its website and added some new features. Looks like they turned on Viglink Insert for us which turns certain words to links. I guess it would be a nice thing to raise revenue, however I do not want them for all usergroups. For unregistered and registered users they are ok but for pub members / supporting founders they are not. I went ahead and turned them off.

I do not mind the links if they do not cause pop ups. I hate web sites that have pop ups when you move your mouse over a key word. Having company names in blue with a link to their web site does not bother me.

Since they're turned off now, I can't see what it looks like (though I think we've seen similar things in the past). How obtrusive are they ? Then again, the more important question is, how useful / valuable are they ? I'd be surprised if many people actually click them.

You've done similar links in the past (with the option to turn it off as well) and yes, there was an underline, which looked odd, but unless you moved your mouse over the linked words, they were hardly noticeable.

Since they're turned off now, I can't see what it looks like (though I think we've seen similar things in the past). How obtrusive are they ? Then again, the more important question is, how useful / valuable are they ? I'd be surprised if many people actually click them.

what it would do is on specific words it would hi-lite them (like if you posted a link to it) so as example

I am having issues with my HR34 recording shows more than once

I plugged in the satguys site just to show how it is hilited
iphone was another one I saw

Scott Greczkowski said:

Thanks Scott. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)