Steelers season over.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
Steelers' fourth quarter comeback wiped out in final seconds

David Garrard's 32-yard, third-down run sets up Josh Scobee's winning 25-yard field goal with 37 seconds left

The Jacksonville Jaguars withstood a furious fourth-quarter comeback by the Steelers and came back themselves to win the opening playoff game at Heinz Field last night.

Jacksonville won, 31-29, after blowing an 18-point lead in the fourth quarter and falling behind by one.

Josh Scobee kicked a 25-yard field goal with 37 seconds left to provide the winning points.

It was typical of many of the Steelers' previous six losses -- terrible special-teams errors and a comeback at the end that put them on top only to see their No. 1-ranked defense fail to hold the lead.

David Garrard saved the game for Jacksonville when he ran 32 yards on a quarterback draw on fourth-and-2 from the Steelers' 43 to set up the winning field goal.

The Steelers better concentrate on O line help with Faneca leaving and a terrible center they wont spend a lot of money in free agency, they better draft well.

IMO it wasn't a terrible season, but it was a disappointing season.:(

Lets go Pens.:D

The Steelers better concentrate on O line help with Faneca leaving and a terrible center they wont spend a lot of money in free agency, they better draft well.

IMO it wasn't a terrible season, but it was a disappointing season.:(

I agree :up
When Cowher was there, they would draft a guy and he would back up one year and start the next when the 1st stringer leaves. Lets see if Tomlin can do that too.... I doubt it, their O line has been a wreck all year.

Jimbo

The second time in 3/4 weeks the jags beat the Steelers. Obviously the better team won..

Good job jags! Good to see a Florida team back in the game!

The conservative play calling at the end of the game when they had the lead was one reason they lost. They couldn't run the ball all game and for some reason they thought they could then.:rolleyes: They should of thrown the ball and tried to score again instead of playing prevent offense.

This game is just a microcosm of their whole season. I for one was not surprised at the outcome. The O line needs to be rebuilt, get rid of Mahan, put Simmons at center and put Colon at guard. Then they better hope they draft well plus get some good free-agents, otherwise they will be lucky to have 5 wins next season with that schedule.

Boy, I bet if you put Ben behind New England or Indy's line Ben looks MUCH better.
V,
Your saying he just flat out NO GOOOD ?

BULL

Jimbo
Even when they won the super bowl with the ultimate crutch "the bus" they still had to keep Ben's passing limited so he wouldnt lose the game. Go watch the superbowl (the one they cheated in to win):rolleyes: When that guarranteed 1st down on 3rd and 1 or 2 yards left Pittsburgh, Ben was exposed for what he is. Bill Cowher knew this and he got the hell out. He also knew his defense was falling apart. They can't even stop the run anymore as Jacksonville proved.

Even when they won the super bowl with the ultimate crutch "the bus" they still had to keep Ben's passing limited so he wouldnt lose the game. Go watch the superbowl (the one they cheated in to win):rolleyes: When that guarranteed 1st down on 3rd and 1 or 2 yards left Pittsburgh, Ben was exposed for what he is. Bill Cowher knew this and he got the hell out.

They still never had a great line back then, they had a very good RUNNING O line, but the pass blocking has NEVER been there for a Pittsburgh line.

Thats why when they did well and Ben did look good it was because he was getting the quick 3 step throws off and moving the ball quickly.

Jimbo

Boy, I bet if you put Ben behind New England or Indy's line Ben looks MUCH better.
V,
Your saying he just flat out NO GOOOD ?

BULL

Jimbo

You put any QB in the NFL behind those lines and they look better.

The conservative play calling at the end of the game when they had the lead was one reason they lost. They couldn't run the ball all game and for some reason they thought they could then.:rolleyes: They should of thrown the ball and tried to score again instead of playing prevent offense..

You hit it right on the nose. What the hell was THIS QB doing rolling out to run for 6 yards on a crucial 3rd and 6?! They COULDN'T do it with RUNNINGS BACKS...what clicked in the offenssive coordinator's mind that made him think Big Ben could do it??!!:eek::confused::mad:

And the OTHER big plays were BIG run plays by Gerrard that were SO OBVIOUSLY coming that I called them BOTH TIMES. One was a crucial 3rd and 6 and the other was that big 32 yard run on 4th and 2 that setup the field goal.

When you can't run or stop the run you are doomed. Your defensive will be exhausted and your offense has no chance of staying on the field to control the game.

You put any QB in the NFL behind those lines and they look better.

Exactly.
So let put Brady and Manning behind ordinary lines and they would be talking about Carr and Harrington instead ... neither would be the QB he is, Brady or Manning without the fabulous line they have .

So, Ben sucks or the line sucks. Theres an aweful lot of QB's worse then Ben...

Jimbo

Exactly.
So let put Brady and Manning behind ordinary lines and they would be talking about Carr and Harrington instead ... neither would be the QB he is, Brady or Manning without the fabulous line they have .

So, Ben sucks or the line sucks. Theres an aweful lot of QB's worse then Ben...

Jimbo
I don't think so. Those quarterbacks would still shine no matter what team they were on. Please don't even mention Rothlisbungles name in the same post as those two. No team, however good or bad would ever tell those two "just don't lose the game for us" which was the instructions for Ben.

I am still not sold on Tomlin. In every game they lost this year, when asked about what adjustments they tried to make to comeback and win, he always says the same thing. "We are professionals. We do not make adjustments during a game, or at halftime. If we are professionals and do our jobs right, the game plan we come up with before each game will work".

It is blatantly obvious in every game that they do not make any adjustments. Take Saturday's game against the Jags for example. The Steelers come out and look hot on the first drive. The Jag's do not. Then the Jag's make offensive and defensive adjustments during the first quarter. The main one was on defense, after they realized the Steelers were not going to depend on the run for their game plan. The Jags simply pressured Ben more and he was throwing interceptions like crazy.

A good football team would throw some more runs in to take pressure off the QB in that situation. I understand Davenport is not the threat Parker is. So in that situation they should have used the power I with a full back. That way they could have used some option plays to keep the Jag's on their toes defensively. But no... Tomlin sticks with the game plan and never changes it. So they kept throwing the ball.

If you look at the coaches like Dungy and Billichek, you see them making adjustments during the game. If their defense has a bad series, you will see Bilicheck kneeling down with his Linebackers, or secondary over him while he goes over tuning the game plan. Its the same thing with any coach in the league. All I see Tomlin doing is clapping and cheering on the sideline. He barely talks into his head set with his other coaches.

Any way... that's my rant as a Steelers fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)