Steelers season over.

joedekock;1179457[B said:
]I am still not sold on Tomlin. In every game they lost this year, when asked about what adjustments they tried to make to comeback and win, he always says the same thing. "We are professionals. We do not make adjustments during a game, or at halftime. If we are professionals and do our jobs right, the game plan we come up with before each game will work".
[/B]
It is blatantly obvious in every game that they do not make any adjustments. Take Saturday's game against the Jags for example. The Steelers come out and look hot on the first drive. The Jag's do not. Then the Jag's make offensive and defensive adjustments during the first quarter. The main one was on defense, after they realized the Steelers were not going to depend on the run for their game plan. The Jags simply pressured Ben more and he was throwing interceptions like crazy.

A good football team would throw some more runs in to take pressure off the QB in that situation. I understand Davenport is not the threat Parker is. So in that situation they should have used the power I with a full back. That way they could have used some option plays to keep the Jag's on their toes defensively. But no... Tomlin sticks with the game plan and never changes it. So they kept throwing the ball.

If you look at the coaches like Dungy and Billichek, you see them making adjustments during the game. If their defense has a bad series, you will see Bilicheck kneeling down with his Linebackers, or secondary over him while he goes over tuning the game plan. Its the same thing with any coach in the league. All I see Tomlin doing is clapping and cheering on the sideline. He barely talks into his head set with his other coaches.

Any way... that's my rant as a Steelers fan.

No wonder they lost. The ability to change your plans on the fly, is what separates the good coaches from the great coaches. On the bright side, at least the Steelers season didn't end at the 9th game like the Lion's season did.

I don't think so. Those quarterbacks would still shine no matter what team they were on. Please don't even mention Rothlisbungles name in the same post as those two. No team, however good or bad would ever tell those two "just don't lose the game for us" which was the instructions for Ben.

His rookie year. Manning or Brady couldn't last behind the Steelers line, they aren't mobile enough.

As for the running game, before Parker got hurt in St. Louis he was the leading running back in the NFL, so they have a good running back.

BTW....they didn't cheat in the Superbowl, they won fair and square.....granted it wasn't Ben's best game, Randell El had the best pass in the game.....but they did enough to win. It all sounds like sour grapes to me....do you even have a team you root for, or do you just try to find flaws with every team so you have something to complain about?

I don't think so. Those quarterbacks would still shine no matter what team they were on. Please don't even mention Rothlisbungles name in the same post as those two. No team, however good or bad would ever tell those two "just don't lose the game for us" which was the instructions for Ben.

Lets see now ... When Manning came into the league, in his first 3 years, he struggled .....

And YES, If you put those guys behind an O line other than the ones they are on, where they don't need to wash their jerseys, they would not be as good as they are either.
If Manning of Brady was sacked 30-50 times a year, they would be just like the guys ... that DO get sacked 30-50 times a year.

This hole thing depends on where you go in the draft and the talent you have to work with.

fwiw, I never mentioned Ben in the top two.

Jimbo

Lets see now ... When Manning came into the league, in his first 3 years, he struggled .....

And YES, If you put those guys behind an O line other than the ones they are on, where they don't need to wash their jerseys, they would not be as good as they are either.
If Manning of Brady was sacked 30-50 times a year, they would be just like the guys ... that DO get sacked 30-50 times a year.

This hole thing depends on where you go in the draft and the talent you have to work with.

fwiw, I never mentioned Ben in the top two.

Jimbo

Makes you wonder how Kitna is still alive, let alone not missing a game for the past 3 seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)