Still having issues with :29 and :59 past the hour freeze/pixilation

I keep reading this on here but I have never seen this problem. I have the Hopper and Hopper with Sling at home. Before that I had a 922. Here at the office we have a Hopper and a 722k. I've never seen it on any of them and have never heard a customer bring up the issue. Not sure if it's not happening at all or if I just don't notice it. Seems strange.

If you're not paying attention, you'd probably miss it. It's a fraction of a second interruption in the sound followed by a pixelated screen for a few seconds. If I remember when I get home, I'll try to capture it on a video I could put on youtube.

Does it only happen with live TV or would I be able to rewind it in order to see?
You can rewind it to see. Even on DVR events that started 1 minute or more before the top of the hour, it should be there as well.

Finally started noticing this over the last couple of days on my 722 (non-k). I wonder if it has anything to do with the software version as it appears that L729 was recently applied to my receiver. Is there any way to check when the update was applied?

Rats; the cancer is spreading. I'll have to check my 722 non k tonight. :(

I have noticed it on just a few occasions on both the 612 and 722.Still haven't noticed it on the 211 or legacy sd receivers.

Finally started noticing this over the last couple of days on my 722 (non-k). I wonder if it has anything to do with the software version as it appears that L729 was recently applied to my receiver. Is there any way to check when the update was applied?
Both my 722 and 722k had it months ago...when I went looking for it.

I'm starting to wonder if Dish doesn't consider it an issue which is why they've taken so long to fix and are introducing it to more receivers.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I thought that Dish software or Dirt created a thread for this sometime ago?Supposed to be relaying the info to Dish engineering.

I know that they are still looking into it and I'm sure they aren't "introducing"it to more receivers but for some reason it's now manifesting itself on boxes it wasn't before. It takes time to gather info, capture and test receivers that are affected, analyze and create a fix and then test it and push it out via an update. Considering this isn't affecting everyone, that may also cause it to take a little more time to track down the issue and correct it.

Fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it! :p

It's not a huge deal but can be irritating if you end up missing what someone said at the very end of the show.

But seriously now... They've had nearly a year to figure it out. That and how to change the nightly update time.

Could anyone with this problem try to diagnose? Are timers firing? Why :29 and :59 rather than exactly at the top/bottom of the hour when the guide is shifting? Does it happen only when a lot of timers exist? Are some channels better or worse than others?

Could anyone with this problem try to diagnose? Are timers firing? Why :29 and :59 rather than exactly at the top/bottom of the hour when the guide is shifting? Does it happen only when a lot of timers exist? Are some channels better or worse than others?
For me, it is happening right as the time switches to the start of a new program. For example, if I am watching a movie and it starts at 8:00 and ends at 10:00, the pixelation happens when the time switches from 9:59 to 10:00, but not any other time (i.e., it does not happen at 8:29/8:30, 8:59/9:00, or 9:29/9:30).

Another example is if I am watching a movie or show that ends on a "weird" time (i.e., 7:40 or 7:01) - the pixelation will still happen when the program ends and the info switches to the next program.

It happens whether or not the DVR is recording. I have a single Hopper system (no Joeys at this time), so no Joeys are in use. I do have the Sling adapter plugged in, but it happened before I got the Sling adapter as well.

I do notice some channels are better than others - I have not noticed it on my local channels that I watch (CBS, NBC, and FOX out of Roanoke, VA), but I have noticed it on all nationally available channels that I have watched since I got Dish.

Seems like it's a software optimization issue to me - the receiver is doing something during that switchover time that takes too much resources and there isn't enough available to display the video.

That said, I've just switched to Dish from cable/IPTV and don't have much experience with satellite receivers, so it may be something on Dish's uplink end or something on my downlink end. I'm just comparing it to what happens when I try to watch a video on my computer while I am doing something else that is processor/memory intensive.