Still no FOX local HD in Sacramento?

redman042

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Folsom, California (95630)
We've had Dish for several years now and I keep hoping they will finally get around to adding our local FOX station to the list of HD channels. But nothing, and no word on when, if ever, we will get this. The Big Game is coming up soon and I'm going to have to set up an antenna to get it in HD. I should not have to do this. I've heard the local FOX station doesn't care to negotiate service with Dish, but this is starting to get really old. And of course Dish isn't currently brimming with extra bandwidth, so I'm sure they are not in a big hurry either. They'd rather dedicate TP's to adding new cities to their HD list, not expanding existing ones.

This sucks. Anyone else in other cities living without FOX in HD? Is there any chance this might get resolved soon?

Have you tried using an over the air antenna hooked into your receiver? It works pretty good for me, Ch. 40 is one of the more reliable reception over the air channels for me.

This sucks. Anyone else in other cities living without FOX in HD? Is there any chance this might get resolved soon?

Our local FOX is owned by Tribune Media, which owns many other stations throughout the country, not just FOX stations, other networks as well.

I would be pretty sure that part of what they are asking for are their non-big4 network channels to be carried, which include KTLA and WGN among others. And/or they are requesting a carriage fee that others aren't requesting.

As stated in the other post, try hooking up an antenna to your setup and get KTXL-HD that way. As also stated, it is one of the more reliable and easy to recieve channels in the area. With the 622 and 722 ability to integrate an OTA antenna into the EPG, I wouldn't be without my OTA antenna! When needed (very occasionally), it allows for up to 3 things to record at once.

Yeah, I know this is the solution for the moment, and I already have an OTA antenna downstairs connected to my 622. It works, but only somewhat, because I live all the way out in Folsom which is like 30 miles from the antenna farm. And I refuse to have someone come out and install a big ugly antenna on the roof. Seems like I shouldn't have to, given what we are paying for Dish. But I guess it's not up to them.

I now have a 722 upstairs in my theater room, and it looks like the only answer will be to run a cable through the attic to another antenna. I hate to have to do that.

Anyone else in other cities living without FOX in HD? Is there any chance this might get resolved soon?

I live in Columbia, Missouri. Right between St. Louis and Kansas City. We don't have any of our locals in HD via DISH. That's no big surprise. However, the local Fox HD station doesn't even bother to broadcast in HD. So there is no way to get it unless I subscribe to the local cable company, who have it hard wired to them. The digital signal is shared with the ABC station. I feel your pain. At least you have one way of getting Fox HD. And you don't even have a local team playing on Fox this January.

I got a small amplified antenna that was about $25.00 that I attached, and it works pretty well. I have it hiding in the base of a ficus tree in the corner of the room. I think even in Folsom you can get away with a small electric powered set top antenna. The only issue I have is on windy days and trees swaying can interfere with signal.

I live over the hill in Eldorado Hills, and cant use ota either no clear line of site to HD antenna's . TeachSac usually has an update on this, so i hope he may respond.

Also are you guys still getting Pink screens on some locals ? or is it just my satellite dish alignment, my wife was saying she was getting it all the time in KCRA (3) tonight ?

According to antennaweb.org you need a small to medium multi-directional antenna...you can fine tune it for your exact location...go to: AntennaWeb and type in your physical address.

One big advantage of OTA in your area besides FOX is KVIE in HD also the other HD locals won’t be down-rezzed, so depending on your display they will probably look better...last but not least you’ll be able to record from the OTA tuner giving you more options to watch one tuner while recording on the other two.

I live over the hill in Eldorado Hills, and cant use ota either no clear line of site to HD antenna's . TeachSac usually has an update on this, so i hope he may respond.

Also are you guys still getting Pink screens on some locals ? or is it just my satellite dish alignment, my wife was saying she was getting it all the time in KCRA (3) tonight ?

I got it on KCRA via LiL on Dish most of last night. OTA was fine, but Dish has some issue with their reception of KCRA (they recieve OTA as well, so I'd be pretty sure it's there recieve station or uplink.

We've had Dish for several years now and I keep hoping they will finally get around to adding our local FOX station to the list of HD channels. But nothing, and no word on when, if ever, we will get this. The Big Game is coming up soon and I'm going to have to set up an antenna to get it in HD. I should not have to do this. I've heard the local FOX station doesn't care to negotiate service with Dish, but this is starting to get really old. And of course Dish isn't currently brimming with extra bandwidth, so I'm sure they are not in a big hurry either. They'd rather dedicate TP's to adding new cities to their HD list, not expanding existing ones.

I had to move to San Antonio, TX to get FOX in HD.

I lived out in Olivehurst and could not anything OTA because we were too far out in the boonies.

Now, if only I could get CW so I can watch Smallville in HD.

Though watching it the following season on HDNet is cool as the majority of the time the episodes are commercial free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts