stogie5150's Prodelin Project

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if that sealer/primer for housepaint would stop the stain from coming through the paint? Works great on wood anyway.
Nice work there, if that was all the damage he could do with that big ol Komatsu, lol.
Seeing that dish on the sawhorses gave me an idea about playing marbles for some reason!

If I had to do it again Turbo that's what I would have done, Kilz it, then paint over the Kilz. That ship has sailed though, it is what it is, now.

Yeah he was pretty good on that machine. Not the best I ever saw, mind ya, but he was a pretty good operator. He wanted that cash badly, and was terrified when he knocked the wall over that I was gonna split and he was gonna lose his 50.00... when I offered the extra 20 for the 1.2 his eyes lit up like headlights on a car...LOL

I was bored this morning so I mounted 'er up.

Mount:
12mount.jpg

12mountside.jpg

12mountdetail.jpg

....and here's the dish mounted up, ready for the arms.

12Groundside.jpg

12Mountedskyside.jpg

Looks great, Stogie! Is that an SG-9120A motor on there?

EDIT: After further examination, its definitely not a 9120A. SG-2100 with optional large mounting tube? :)

Looks great, Stogie! Is that an SG-9120A motor on there?

EDIT: After further examination, its definitely not a 9120A. SG-2100 with optional large mounting tube? :)

Yeah and I don't think the tube I have is for that motor...time for some re-engineering....LOL

Pretty good for a phone-camera though! It sure looks like that one is going to be staring at the side of the house , but it is an optical illusion, I think.

I messed with it half a day, can't get it to track. I think the bracket is tweaked due to the weight. The motor just b-a-r-e-l-y moves the dish. Crashed the Coolsat twice trying to move it, in fact. This may be a write-off, and I'll use the dish for something else. The 1.8 is going where that dish is, anyway, soon as I find a polar mount to adapt it to...LOL

I shifted gears...I remembered I had an old Winegard Pinnacle mount...that should work with the 1.8....

So I pulled the old 3" pole up, planted the 4"pole for the winegard mount...

ProdelinPolarMount5.jpg

Then set about how I was going to bolt the winegard mount to the Prodelin frame...immediately I thought of my old friend the U-Bolt...centered the mount on the Prodelin frame, drilled holes through the winegard square tube...
ProdelinPolarMount1.jpg

Then I realized the bolts were too long, so I broke out the sawzall...:D
ProdelinPolarMount4.jpg

...and here it is ready to mount up. Soon as I get some help. ( its HEAVY!)

ProdelinPolarmount3.jpg

Stay Tuned. ;)

Nice! I discovered those ubolts awhile back too, I never knew they made so many sizes of them, dang they are handy.

Looking good there, Stogie.

I know about exactly how heavy those pieces are, I have been handling some that look just like yours, tonight. ;)

Looking good there, Stogie.

I know about exactly how heavy those pieces are, I have been handling some that look just like yours, tonight. ;)

Thanks J.

I went out this morning, and with a little help from my understanding wife....did this...I didnt tighten anything down just yet just wanted to get it up there to see what it looked like...LOL

Mounted up 1.jpgMounted up 2.jpg

Thanks J.

I went out this morning, and with a little help from my understanding wife....did this...I didnt tighten anything down just yet just wanted to get it up there to see what it looked like...LOL

View attachment 69172View attachment 69171

You are ahead of me, I just installed the mount, dish frame and declination bracketry today.

If you don't already have it I think you are going to need to figure a way to tilt the top of your dish forward, while keeping the main elevation bar of that polar mount set to your latitude, to get it to track?

I am mounting mine on a AJAK 180, just trying to copy what pendragon did with his, will try to post a thread/pics within a day or so.

If you don't already have it I think you are going to need to figure a way to tilt the top of your dish forward, while keeping the main elevation bar of that polar mount set to your latitude, to get it to track?
I agree. Going to have to have declination + dish offset instead of just declination as would have with a prime focus.(was typing, then noticed it had already been addressed, so the quote.

I've been peeking in at Stogies workshop.
Wish I could be there to watch or help , even if just with the painting.
He's been steaming along. So stay tuned; film at 11 ! - :up

I've been peeking in at Stogies workshop.
Wish I could be there to watch or help , even if just with the painting.
He's been steaming along. So stay tuned; film at 11 ! - :up

Yeh, I have been getting some pics of his progress and adding my 2 cents on this caper, should be a sweet rig once he gets it tweaked. :up

It is a nice looking dish and install, stogie does take pains with the details. Should be a real performer once its all wired up.

Man you guys sure have a a lot of confidence in me....between Tropical Storms, Vacations, and numerous reworks due to backyard engineering cockups, its coming along. I have put it on and off the mount three times now reworking the bracketry.

And yes, Tony, I do take pains with the details, just because I have to LOOK at it every day. :D

Sneak preview: But it has changed since that picture was taken.

Attachments

• SDC10610.JPG
    SDC10610.JPG
    346.8 KB · Views: 263
Its getting there. After many trial and error reworks its finally tracking the arc, only for me to find out my mover box was bad, so I am waiting on Sadoun to ship me a new Gbox for it, figured I might as well get the Cadillac if I was going to have a Cadillac dish... :D

Pics, pics pics galore!

Attachments

• SDC10613.JPG
    SDC10613.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 232
  • SDC10612.JPG
    SDC10612.JPG
    523.9 KB · Views: 253
  • SDC10616.JPG
    SDC10616.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 260
  • SDC10618.JPG