Stopping a timer recording early??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
OK I feel like a dork asking this....but hey I'm a D* newbie :)

I know if you are recording something and want to stop it early, just go to the channel and press stop...got that figured out

But what do you do when you set a program to purposely record long. Here is the example from today...by the way its the R15 I have.

Wanted to record the 2nd game of the MN High School Hockey tourney. Guide shows 1-3 but I know it will run longer. Heck the 1st game didnt get over until 1:20. So at 1:40 I hit record to start recording it (I dumped the buffer first...didnt want 45 minutes of gunk at the beginning). Went into the record settings and changed it to record for "1.5 hours more" than the scheduled stop time (3:00) so it would stop at 4:30

So the game got over about 4:00 so I wanted to stop it. It wouldnt let me. Kept getting the "bonk" noise. The only way I got it to work was to hit record again to start the 2nd tuner recording then try and change the channel which gives me the "do you want to continue to record". Then I have 2 recordings...the actual one I want and a qucik garbage recording that I can delete

So now I ask....How do you stop a timer recording that you schedule for longer than the "stock" time? I have recorded NASCAR and had that run long but I wasnt home so it stopped at the time I said for it to.

On the HR22 if you hit "record" a second time on a recorded program in progress it will give you an option to stop or continue (don't recall the exact verbage) Really don't know if this works on stopping a program with an extended recording time but cheap to try. Certainly not intuitive.

OK I feel like a dork asking this....but hey I'm a D* newbie :)

I know if you are recording something and want to stop it early, just go to the channel and press stop...got that figured out

But what do you do when you set a program to purposely record long. Here is the example from today...by the way its the R15 I have.

Wanted to record the 2nd game of the MN High School Hockey tourney. Guide shows 1-3 but I know it will run longer. Heck the 1st game didnt get over until 1:20. So at 1:40 I hit record to start recording it (I dumped the buffer first...didnt want 45 minutes of gunk at the beginning). Went into the record settings and changed it to record for "1.5 hours more" than the scheduled stop time (3:00) so it would stop at 4:30

So the game got over about 4:00 so I wanted to stop it. It wouldnt let me. Kept getting the "bonk" noise. The only way I got it to work was to hit record again to start the 2nd tuner recording then try and change the channel which gives me the "do you want to continue to record". Then I have 2 recordings...the actual one I want and a qucik garbage recording that I can delete

So now I ask....How do you stop a timer recording that you schedule for longer than the "stock" time? I have recorded NASCAR and had that run long but I wasnt home so it stopped at the time I said for it to.

On the HR22 if you hit "record" a second time on a recorded program in progress it will give you an option to stop or continue (don't recall the exact verbage) Really don't know if this works on stopping a program with an extended recording time but cheap to try. Certainly not intuitive.

Blue,
I believe you are correct.
I think it comes up and gives you the option to "Keep Recording", "Stop Recording and Keep" or "Stop Recording and Delete"
Something like that anyways.

Ice,
If it is recording at the time, go into the Recording again and it should bring these options up for you.

btw, feel free to ask away ...... How long can you be a Newbie with 50,000 posts ?

Feel free to PM me as well.

Jimbo

I think it comes up and gives you the option to "Keep Recording", "Stop Recording and Keep" or "Stop Recording and Delete"
Something like that anyways.
I know if I am recording at the time and the program hasnt ended yet it gives me those options on the R15

Ice,
If it is recording at the time, go into the Recording again and it should bring these options up for you.
I'll try that tonight once the game gets over

btw, feel free to ask away ...... How long can you be a Newbie with 50,000 posts ?

but I'm a D* newbie ;)
3 weeks this Saturday

I stumbled upon a way

If I go to that channel from another I have approx 5-7 seconds to hit stop and get the "currently recording" and the 3 options posted above. After that its "bonk"

I stumbled upon a way

If I go to that channel from another I have approx 5-7 seconds to hit stop and get the "currently recording" and the 3 options posted above. After that its "bonk"

You know you can turn the annoying "Bonk" off right ?
In the System Set up / audio section.

Iceberg....you can also go to the list, select the program being recorded, select recording from the menu, then choose from:
keep recording
stop & keep
stop & delete

just another way.....

Ice,
When you have something that you want to record and don't want all the pre stuff (like the race) you can go into the menu's and to Manage Recordings and set up a Manual Recording as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts