Storm preparation for C-Band dishes

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any word from Wilmington?

Nothing. Still haven't heard a word from any of them. My wife even called emergency services in Wilmington and she was told it was too early to have a list compiled over everyone who is missing. :(

Nothing. Still haven't heard a word from any of them. My wife even called emergency services in Wilmington and she was told it was too early to have a list compiled over everyone who is missing. :(
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps they were evacuated to a shelter somewhere. Again, best wishes that they are ok.

Reactions: wvman
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps they were evacuated to a shelter somewhere. Again, best wishes that they are ok.

Thanks. They didn't evacuate. They were on their phone talking to her daughter in Rock Springs, Wyoming until her daughter lost her. She was also on Facebook at the same time posting pictures of the storm. Being only two blocks from the beach and dead center of the storms path, it may not be good. I appreciate your concern. I will keep you posted about how it turns out.

Thanks. They didn't evacuate. They were on their phone talking to her daughter in Rock Springs, Wyoming until her daughter lost her. She was also on Facebook at the same time posting pictures of the storm. Being only two blocks from the beach and dead center of the storms path, it may not be good. I appreciate your concern. I will keep you posted about how it turns out.
Definitely not the place I'd want to be during a storm like that. Hoping for good news.

wvman did you ever hear anything?

Nothing yet. They're starting to get some communications back online in Wilmington, but so far, there's only one road passable, so getting to their location probably isn't going to happen for a few days. I saw some news footage last night and most of the roads were washed out leading into Wilmington. Lots of power lines and trees down also. Maybe some news today. :)

Update: Finally heard from the wife's cousin in Wilmington. They are all OK, but shaken. Their home appears to have taken a bad hit. They're assessing the damage today. Her husband is a contractor. Once car is a total loss. It was under water. One tree hit the house, but not sure how much damage was done. They still can't get out, too much flood damage to the roads and trees and power lines down everywhere.

Luckily, one cell phone had service and enough charge to send a few emails before going dead.

Update: Finally heard from the wife's cousin in Wilmington. They are all OK, but shaken. Their home appears to have taken a bad hit. They're assessing the damage today. Her husband is a contractor. Once car is a total loss. It was under water. One tree hit the house, but not sure how much damage was done. They still can't get out, too much flood damage to the roads and trees and power lines down everywhere.

Luckily, one cell phone had service and enough charge to send a few emails before going dead.

Glad to hear it! :) The home can be rebuilt and cars can be replaced but you can't get back your life. Hopefully they will learn from it and IF it happens again in the future they will make a different decision on riding it out. ;)

Glad to hear it! :) The home can be rebuilt and cars can be replaced but you can't get back your life. Hopefully they will learn from it and IF it happens again in the future they will make a different decision on riding it out. ;)

I hope they learned something, could have been much worse. :)

Reactions: FTA4PA
Heard yesterday that 6 confirmed tornadoes touched down here in Virginia with 5 of those hitting the Richmond/Chesterfield County area, which is 110 miles EAST of me!! Dodged another bullet!!

Most of what we got was off and on torrential rain with only a minimal amount of wind and not a single tree down that I can see. NO damage on anything in my immediate area and life was basically back to normal Tuesday.

Those coastal areas are pretty and it's nice to visit there, but, I wouldn't want to live there.....for obvious reasons!!

Reactions: primestar31
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts