strange 942 behavior?

gsxr800

Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
when i goto point dish and look at the signal strength of lets say 119 on tuner 2 the bar shows green and i have a number of 113. now i switch to 110 and it does not show any signal. i also don't have the tone for signal strength. if i switch transponders to 1 for both 110 and 119 it will show me good signal for both 110 and 119. but after i exit the menu and go back to viewing tv the receiver reselects transponder 7 for both. any idea whats going on. sorry if this doesn't seen clear but its difficult to explain. It's just not consistent with the way it operates. sometimes i can go the the point dish screen and it works right and other times it doesn't. the picture will freeze at times and i've also had the receiver reboot on me while recording an event. Is anyone else experiencing the same inconsistent operation from the 942?

gsxr800 said:
when i goto point dish and look at the signal strength of lets say 119 on tuner 2 the bar shows green and i have a number of 113. now i switch to 110 and it does not show any signal. i also don't have the tone for signal strength. if i switch transponders to 1 for both 110 and 119 it will show me good signal for both 110 and 119. but after i exit the menu and go back to viewing tv the receiver reselects transponder 7 for both. any idea whats going on. sorry if this doesn't seen clear but its difficult to explain. It's just not consistent with the way it operates. sometimes i can go the the point dish screen and it works right and other times it doesn't. the picture will freeze at times and i've also had the receiver reboot on me while recording an event. Is anyone else experiencing the same inconsistent operation from the 942?

My 942 is now a piece. It will randomly start a searching for sat like your doing a CS. it will to 0-1, 0-2, 0-3 then sometimes get to 4-5 and it cycles through all the transponders. I have to unplug and it cycles two more times and it goes to a blank screen then the pictures pops on.

Today it didnt record any existing timers, so I deleted them all and the red light came on. after the show was over and the light went off I went to PVR list and it wasnt there?

I am paying $5.00 extra a month for a service that made my wife miss shows. Well as we all know Its twice as bad when she does. 228 hurry up!!!!!

(anyway to go back to 226?)

goaliebob99 said:
mine just lost 110 for no reason.. I got a 121 super dish. Good signal from 119 and 121 but 110 gone.. 61.5 is good too...

I don't have a 942, but I am also not recieving a signal from 110 at the moment, could this possibly be a problem with the satellite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts