STRANGE audio problem!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

david_gilbert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2009
ms
my hr20/100 that was a replacement for one with a bad HD has a wierd issue that must have started in teh last couple days. on one tuner everything works great. but on the other tuner it has no VOICE. background music, sound effects, etc.. all work, and voice works during commercials, but no voice during the main program at all. does not matter if i am watching somethign off the sat, somethign OTA, any shows recorded on that tuner also have no voice during the show.

like i said, it is wierd because EVERYTHING else works fine. commercials are full normal or extra loud volume just like usual, back ground sounds and music are proper volume. it is not the channel either, as i have activated double play and switched tuners then got the channel on teh other tuner after going back and forth a couple times and audio is fine!

anyone else ever run into this one?

oh, and i am running 0x34c.

after a little more playing with it, it is ONLY HD broadcasts that do it. if i go to a non-HD channel it is fine on either channel. HD broadcasts(sat or OTA) only mess up on 1 tuner.

ok, i figured it out. after a hard power down and a reauthorization of the RX did not fix it, i started stepping thru one thing at a time. turned off dolby digital and audio came back instantly, turned it on and it went away. so i started palying with the surround sound system and voila!

i've been out of town and my wife or one of my daughters must have fooled with teh surround sound system and changed the digital audio type. i put it back on auto and now both tuners works properly and recorded shows that earlier had no audio now work. wierd how it affected voice only, not sound effects or commercials! also strange tha tat first it was only 1 tuner that consistently did not work. either the channels i was testing just happened to use a different style digital audio, or i am just losing my mind!

Unplug everything..... & do a full system reset & restart. Switch the cables (non SWM) to the receiver to see if the problem follows the coaxial cable. You can also verify your BBC this way (Non SWM).

Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)