Strange H3 problem, getting replacement, ? how to save timers

dukiebluedoc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Cave Creek AZ
I've been having a weird problem with my H3 receiver over the past 2 days(will record shows but when I try to watch them the "watch " button disappears and I have a screen with options to record future episodes).
Dish advanced tech could not find a solution for this, so they are sending me a new H3 (my second replacement this year--the first suffered a complete HD crash).
My question is about my multiple timers--as I recall there used to be a way to store them in my remote.
Is this still the case, or is there somewhere to save them. I have a bunch and would not like to lose them.
TIA
Caroline

I've been having a weird problem with my H3 receiver over the past 2 days(will record shows but when I try to watch them the "watch " button disappears and I have a screen with options to record future episodes).
Dish advanced tech could not find a solution for this, so they are sending me a new H3 (my second replacement this year--the first suffered a complete HD crash).
My question is about my multiple timers--as I recall there used to be a way to store them in my remote.
Is this still the case, or is there somewhere to save them. I have a bunch and would not like to lose them.
TIA
Caroline
They store automatically but if you want to make sure, hit Home 3 times and go to Diagnostics. Then drop down to Tools and look for Back-Up Settings. It may be in Technician Tools

TIA
Caroline
My H3 just started doing this after the last update. If o go out of the DVR menu and back in it seems to resolve itself. Has happened a few times over the past several days.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Posting a followup here. New H3 arrived yesterday. The setup was fraught with difficulty, ?why. I had to get the phone tech to send an activation code and then had to remove the batteries briefly from the remote used to store the timers.
Tried today~ 19 hours after setting up the new receiver--my old timers are not restored and two attempts to restore them from the remote where I had stored them have failed.
So I will have to start all over again with timers.
This is my 2d replacement H3 this year and I am really discouraged with Dish, to put it mildly. If there were a viable alternative for me I would be all over it.
Caroline
Dish user since 1999