Strange occurrence with Sat 72...

viggen61

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
Northern New Jersey
Strange occurrence last night...

Equipment is 622 (3+ years old) with EA Dish (Just installed 3/7/10).

Came home and wanted to watch TNT in HD on channel 138. Got a message saying there was a problem, and to press the up or down arrows to tune a different channel. This was NOT the "acquiring satellite" screen. Hit the arrow, and got the next channel.

Checked my list of channels, and noted TNT HD was on the 72 satellite. Tried another channel on 72, and same message. All 61.5 & 77 channels were fine.

Then, I hit the "swap" button on the remote to go to the other tuner (I didn't think to note which I was on initially). The second tuner could pick up 72, with no problem!

So I went into Point Dish, and it appeared to be receiving 72 just fine. Decided to do a Check Switch. That came back OK, with all green on both satellite inputs for all three satellites.

After it reloaded the program guide, everything was fine, and I could tune channels on the 138 satellite on either tuner.

Just wondering if this might be a problem in the early stages, or just an occasional anomaly.

I did see that the installer noted "used" next to the EA Dish on the service order. Don't know how long they've been out or if that would be a problem...

Thanks,

I had something similar happen to my 722. While DVR'ing one channel I changed to another channel and got the "signal lost attempting to acquire satellite" screen. Other channels said the same thing and the OTA channels were dark.
If I went back the channel being recorded, it would show just fine- but only that one.
I turned the receiver off and back on and every channel was there- just as if nothing had happened. No problem with the recording either.
It's happened twice in the last month. Maybe a bug in the latest software?

This happened to me today on my 211k and 722, with channels from 72 and 110. And was only happening with a few channels, others on those sats were fine, had a problem with FSC which was trying to record and univison and some other Spanish channels on the 211k. Check switch and restart fixed issue. Was not the ota issue or lost signal screen, but what the op said, an error message asking you to go up or down.

yeah, i was going to suggest a checkswitch. this just happens sometimes. happens to mine too. the error message about changing channels is the replacement message for the old 'a problem has been detected with your switch'

I had to do it last night as well, but just on our 211k. The 622 was fine.

This is also not the first time I had to do this.

Also, sometimes our 622 won't come out of sleep mode either until it is re-booted, that is.

Electronics. They work great when they are doing the things they were designed to do, but when all the smoke gets used up, they begin messing up!!!

By the way, we are on EA.

Grrrr....

Problem cropped up again last night. Had IFC (72) on one tuner, recording, ABC local (61.5), also recording, on the other. While watching IFC, got the 004 message, but could not go to another good channel. Tried the "Swap" button to go to the ABC program, and the weirdness increased.

Kept getting the 004 message, AND the info bar across the top indicated I was still on the other tuner, BUT I was getting the audio (HDMI...) for the ABC program... Even after I turned the 622 off (all lights except red record light were off), I was still getting the ABC Audio.

HDMI is the ONLY connection from the 622 to my AVR.

I just turned off the AV receiver & went to bed. I guess I'll do a CheckSW tonight, if I need to.

None of this happened before I got on the EA, and it only seems to happen on Sat 72. I'll have to check the connections at the back of the receiver. I know one of the coax cables from the splitter is dodgy, as if I move the 622, even slightly, I get an "acquiring Satellite Signal" screen.

I'm getting the same problem!!! Almost every morning when I turn my 211k back "on", all channels on 72.7 are gone!! Sometimes I can just do a signal test on 72.7 and everything is fine.

Then sometimes I have to reset the receiver and its working again, but then sometimes it hangs at test 1 or 2 out of the 5. A few times it wouldn't find the switch at all and started to do the 50 test switch check!!

With so many people having this error, I am guessing there is a problem with our 1000.4 lnb's or it could be a 72.7 sat error!! Who knows yet!

The bad thing is that I own all of my equipment and if its an lnb problem, I will have to shell out $60 to buy a new lnb!!

So it looks like we will just have to wait and see what the real problem is!!

I'm getting the same problem!!! Almost every morning when I turn my 211k back "on", all channels on 72.7 are gone!! Sometimes I can just do a signal test on 72.7 and everything is fine.

Then sometimes I have to reset the receiver and its working again, but then sometimes it hangs at test 1 or 2 out of the 5. A few times it wouldn't find the switch at all and started to do the 50 test switch check!!

With so many people having this error, I am guessing there is a problem with our 1000.4 lnb's or it could be a 72.7 sat error!! Who knows yet!

The bad thing is that I own all of my equipment and if its an lnb problem, I will have to shell out $60 to buy a new lnb!!

So it looks like we will just have to wait and see what the real problem is!!

no you dont. get on the service plan and have a tech install one for the $15 tech visit.

I have a vip 622 with L625 software with a 1000.4 dish pointed at 77,72,61.5. I had this problem on the 61.5 last night when i changed the channel from spike hd to tbs hd. it gave me that message to switch channels up and down. i hit menu 6,1,1 let it lock the signal then the channel came back. I think it is a software problem seeing how many other people are having the same problem with no signal issues. I also have an old 622 with a recent e.a. upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts