Strange Problem With 301!!!

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hey gang I have a strange problem with my 301 and I am not sure if it is dying a slow death or if it may be just something simple... I have a SuperDish with a 510 in the living room and the 301 that is in question is in the bedroom... About a day or two ago I started getting the searching for satellite screen, yet when you check the signal it is between 100 and 125 on 110, and 119 and around the upper eighties on 121. While the 301 is trying to lock on to the satellite my 510 does not miss a beat... All the connections are tight on the 301... I ran a check switch and that tested ok, and I even powered the unit down and that did not help... Has anybody else had this problem with their 301 or is this a possible software bug... Any ideas or suggestions as to what I can try to get things working correctly??? TIA Carroll

Have you tried swapping receivers and see if the problem follows the 301. Most likely is the 301's tuner dying. I would call Dish and see if they can replace the 301.

I had a Bell ExpressVu 3100 do exactly the same thing and it had to be replaced except my 3100 was only a week old when this happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts