Strange Problem with my Panasonic Plasma Pink screen on bottom

televisionarchives

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
When we watch anything with white in it like a movie with snow or when we watch Hockey a pink flashing appears on the bottom of my Panasonic Capture.JPG 42 inch plasma. When I look at it I can see some words and it looks like part of my TV menu settings. Anybody know what this is ?

Sounds like burn in. Was it left with a static image for a long time, or watch a channel with a ticker along the bottom a lot? Since it is pink it suggest blue and green banner...

Burn in is a problem with plasma screens. Especially the older ones.
To prevent it, reduce the contrast and brightness and definitly avoid static images for prolonged time.
For example, don't leave your DVR in pause mode for long time.

Sounds like burn in. Was it left with a static image for a long time, or watch a channel with a ticker along the bottom a lot? Since it is pink it suggest blue and green banner...
No. In fact when I turn on anti image retention it scrolls the screen and it shows it much better. It shows in the middle what appears to be the TV adjustment menu in pink . Very weak . But I can make it out . If I turned on the menu itself it wouldn't show up in the middle so that tells me it's not burn in from the menu . It would show up on the left of the screen. This shows up on the bottom middle. It's really bad during hockey games. The TV is about 3 years old

Plasma emits colors from phosphors. Red/Green/Blue all three on make white. Over time usage of the phosphor causes it to dim. If the green and blue phosphors are worn more than the red ones then the white will start to look pink since the green and blue are dimmer. Which is why I commented that it was a blue/green wear.

I turned down the contrast and brightness. I have a Bruins game on the dvr and I will play it to see if it does it again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)