Strange Recording Problem

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
Had a strange problem this evening. I have a timer to record Grimm on the Dish feed of our local NBC station at 9pm. About 930 I looked at the TV and it was recording The Mentalist on CBS. When I press DVR and high light the recording, it says Grimm on 010-1 but when I play it it's The Mentalist on 008-0. Any ideas?

It does happen at certain times when changes are made to the programming line up and not updated on the guide. My receiver recorded NASCAR a couple on Mondays back and it showed as Alcatraz on the recording title but was definitely NASCAR. It does appear seldom but very randomly.

Last edited:
Did someone change the channel to the mentalist right at the second the timer started? I have seen what you are describing when I have accidently changed channels right when the timer starts. It records what you changed to, but it is titled what it should be recording.

It wasn't a time slip error Maryb they are on different networks. Something had him switched on channels. Either someone in his house or somehow the E* feed had been switched. The later is less likely of the two.

I was recording 2 timers from 8-9. CBS(8.0) was on the Dish feed and 10.1(NBC) was ota. And the scheduled 9-10 recording of NBC was on 10.0.

I was recording 2 timers from 8-9. CBS(8.0) was on the Dish feed and 10.1(NBC) was ota. And the scheduled 9-10 recording of NBC was on 10.0.
Hit DVR 3 times and see if you can go back to the time that all this took place and see what it is telling you. You can go back to previous events using the page up button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)