What are the chances hooper/joey will feature....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Since there has been no mention of it, I'm betting it won't. I have read posts from cable subscribers who have that that don't particularly like it. (Obviously some do, but it isn't universally liked)

Dish DVRs have that now. Instead of pressing play when in fast speed to resume normal, press the oposite jump back/forward button.

You do know of the skip forward and skip back buttons, don't you? Just above the pause || button, curved arrows to the right and the left? Using FF is a pain. Skip forward is wonderful.

navychop said:
You do know of the skip forward and skip back buttons, don't you? Just above the pause || button, curved arrows to the right and the left? Using FF is a pain. Skip forward is wonderful.

I'm with directv at the moment, our dvr now will automatically jump back about 3-5 sec if you press play while FFing... It's nice since once you see your show come back it stats right up so you don't miss the first bit. Not sure why anyone wouldn't like that feature?

This as small as it sounds could be a deal breaker :-(

It's really not that big of a deal. If you go too far, just hit the skip back button, sit through the last five seconds of the last commercial, and you're fine.

There's a place for skip and a place for FF/RW...if I'm trying to find a particular short scene and can't remember where it is, skip could easily jump right over it without me even knowing it. FF/RW allows me to scan for things without doing a bunch of skip forwards/backs.

I'm with directv at the moment, our dvr now will automatically jump back about 3-5 sec if you press play while FFing... It's nice since once you see your show come back it stats right up so you don't miss the first bit. Not sure why anyone wouldn't like that feature?

This as small as it sounds could be a deal breaker :-(

Personally I hate that on D*. Much better the Dish version to use the skip back button to stop FF if you want the skip back or play to just stop and continue.

You don't need that feature. Skip fwd any multiple of 30 seconds you want. Overshoot? Skip back 5-7 seconds. Much quicker.

When it works properly.

Also for some stupid reason along the years Dish changed Skip Back from 7 seconds to 10 seconds. It makes it to where you have to watch the end of the last commercial, whereas back in the day when it only did 7 seconds, it was almost always perfect for getting right to the beginning of the show, without having to watch the commercial before it.

Also for some stupid reason along the years Dish changed Skip Back from 7 seconds to 10 seconds. It makes it to where you have to watch the end of the last commercial, whereas back in the day when it only did 7 seconds, it was almost always perfect for getting right to the beginning of the show, without having to watch the commercial before it.

However, if you skip forward once or twice too far, you know exactly how many times you need to skip back to fix your mistake.

It was always 10 seconds back from the day they introduced the feature.

Sent from my DROIDX

I'd like to know what happened to the Tivo Sofware . Since DISH had to pay to license it anyway, why aren't they using it? We used to have perfect skip functions ,till DISH re-egineered it to get around the Tivo lawsuit. Now what's stopping them from using all of the software the way they want,since they had to pay for it anyway.

I'd like to know what happened to the Tivo Sofware . Since DISH had to pay to license it anyway, why aren't they using it? We used to have perfect skip functions ,till DISH re-egineered it to get around the Tivo lawsuit. Now what's stopping them from using all of the software the way they want,since they had to pay for it anyway.

I think it will be MOST INTERESTING to see if the skip back works correctly on H/J. If it does, I think we have our answer as to if they'll ever fix it on ViP receivers..... ;)

DISH never licensed the full Tivo software only licensed the part that they argued about. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts