What are the chances hooper/joey will feature....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
With MPEG-4, skip back times seem to be, shall we say, "approximate."

Last edited:
Random is the word I'd use. I just skipped back a few times after overshooting a commercial, and ended up over 20 minutes back. :eek:

Yes, sad to say. I avoid hitting the skip back repeatedly. I pause between each. Seems to help, but certainly not cure, the problem.

In fact, if the H/J system fixed this ONE problem, I'd almost certainly move to a two Hopper system (with or w/o a Joey) after seamless integration and OTA arrive.

And if it isn't fixed - what do we have to look forward to with Dish? :(

navychop said:
Yes, sad to say. I avoid hitting the skip back repeatedly. I pause between each. Seems to help, but certainly not cure, the problem.

In fact, if the H/J system fixed this ONE problem, I'd almost certainly move to a two Hopper system (with or w/o a Joey) after seamless integration and OTA arrive.

And if it isn't fixed - what do we have to look forward to with Dish? :(

More threads on this forum about ....."Why this" and "Why that" and " When this" and " when that"

And plenty of "soon".

Eastern arc or Western Arc, John? Seems to be only on MPEG4 content, not MPEG2. My OTA recordings in MPEG2 seem to work flawlessly.

I thought there was no mpeg4 on WA? Or is that just no 8SPK? TheList is down again so I can't check.

Well, then it might just be mpeg4 SD then. I was able to properly skip back on my OTA HD and SAT HD recordings just fine...when I tried it on an RSN recording (not in HD), it got out of whack. Also, my daughter complains about it the most, on her disney channel recordings.

Actually the HD everywhere on Dish sats is MPEG-4 (not just 129), while everything on EA is mpeg-4 including SD.

Love being on Eastern arc because Everything (except my ota) is in mpeg4. Means I can fit more recordings on my receiver compared to western arc. Also my external hard drive can hold more too.:)

I thought there was no mpeg4 on WA? Or is that just no 8SPK? TheList is down again so I can't check.

Most of the transponders on sat 129 are MPEG-4 and 8PSK. There are a couple of exceptions such as transponder 21 and various spotbeams.

119 as far as I am aware is all MPEG-2 and QPSK. 110 is almost all MPEG-2 and QPSK except for a few transponders that host HD channels, such as transponder 7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)