Strange situation...advice / answer please...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
I recently installed a FTA system for a friend aimed at 97.0W, and he is using a new Amiko mini-HD SE. The LNB is a GEOSATPro SL-1 bullet.

Upon install, S and Q were 92-93 and 72-73 respectively; blind scanned and saved what the receiver picked up, using a television with the Amiko at the dish. At time of install, coax was not yet run, so when he got it ran and connected receiver, installed, etc., I got a call, stating he wasn't receiving a few wanted channels, specifically TBN, Smile of a Child, and Church channel.

Went to his house, and saw the same; tried blind scanning again, reseting the receiver, etc., to no avail. Took the Amiko to my house about four miles away, and conncected to my dish, which has the same S and Q as noted above. I was able to blind scan the receiver and get reception on a multitude of channels, to include the above three channels, for which he could not receive. I made a Favorite list with those channels included. Returned the receiver for him to connect with instructions on how to access the Fav list. He was not home at the time, so left the receiver for him to connect when he returned home.

A few days later, I get a call, stating that after he connected the receiver and powered up, he is unable to view / receive those channels.

I am wondering why, after I tuned those in, and even after placing them in a Fav list, why he can't view them using the same receiver, and with S and Q which are very good.

Could it by chance be the LNB for some strange reason? My LNB is a WS Int'l, standard twin, model ESX522, and his is as stated above.

Any thoughts as to why I can receive those channels at my home, just a few miles away, with the same S and Q as his dish, and he cannot, using the same receiver at both locations?

Are both of you using the same size dish?? 12177 for Smile of a child used to come in fine in middle size dishes but not in real small ones. All other frequencies works fine in both sizes. You will probably need to adjust or tweak your friend dish using the 12177 frequency.

Yes, they are both same size dish I believe...his is original Glorystar / GEOSATPro 90cm I believe. His is slightly oval shaped with the elongated being vertical.

Both dishes were sighted in using freq of 12177 (as I recall; I will check my meter when I get home and post the settings I used to gain signal), and freq of 10750.

Are both of you using the same size dish?? 12177 for Smile of a child used to come in fine in middle size dishes but not in real small ones. All other frequencies works fine in both sizes. You will probably need to adjust or tweak your friend dish using the 12177 frequency.

I had the same issue on that satellite. I would say the satellite is out of tune. You need to fine tune the dish a bit. It is just a tad out of wack which is preventing you from picking up all the transponders.

Correction...I was using a Freg of 12152 and SR of 20000 on my meter (First Strike FS1), to tune in the reflectors. I am using a 76cm, and I believe now, looking at the Glorystar site, that his might likely be a 90cm (his is one of the original Glorystar units). But I do know that his is slightly oval, as previously stated, with the oblong being vertical.

So, you think using a different Freq and SR of 12177 and SR of 23000 would yield better results, and gain access to those missing channels?

Yes if those are channels you(or your friend) desire, I agree with the others, I would tune up on 12177.

Balance for optimum Signal Quality on these three transponders: 11842 / 12152 / 12177.

The 97w KU satellite receives adjacent satellite interference and often you can't use just one transponder to optimize and still receive all of the transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)