strange VIP612 issue

WALLYWOMBAT

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
Yesterday I was recording a program and went to start playing it and it went directly to the live feed. Thinking I had pushed a wrong button I started it again with the same result. I then tried to rewind the program but nothing happened, and pressing pause had the same result. I was able to stop the recording and then restarted the recording. Once I had stopped the recording I was able to watch the first recording no problem. This isn't the first time I have had this problem.

When I went to the second recording the 612 gave me an error stating something to the affect that it couldn't access the file or the like.

Later in the evening I had the same problem again on another program, but this time I decided to reboot the box which seemed to fix the problem.

So am I headed down the path of a receiver being on it's death bed? This is my second 612 and they have both been disappointing in their reliability.

Many DISH products work best if you reboot once a month....

Or daily, or hourly , depending on the receiver you have at the time. I have the multi-dis-functional 922 dvr with a lack of common vip features found in the 622/722/722k receiver line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts