Very Strange Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Had a tech ask this question in a company email and it's one I've never seen before, so I bring it the experts!!

I have a customer that had a hopper 3 and joey 3. The joey would not get the correct time from the hopper unless it was reset, then it would keep that same time until it was reset again. We replaced the hopper, the joey, hub, cabling, and still, the problem continues. We even switched her to a wifi joey to see if that would change anything, and still no luck. Any joey connected will not keep the correct time. What's going on here? I have tried everything I can think of.

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
I have a customer that had a hopper 3 and joey 3. The joey would not get the correct time from the hopper unless it was reset, then it would keep that same time until it was reset again.

I went and looked for a problem with my J3 on an H3, and I don't see it. When I hit Select, the channel banner comes up and shows the correct time, always. It doesn't get stuck when it reboots (which is shortly after 3AM). Where are you seeing this stuck clock on a J3?

If this is happening in the guide, then it is starting to sound very similar to an issue that was reported with the Wally recently:
I have also seen the issue that was reported in that thread, way back when I got my first Wally, although it happened very rarely. As far as the clock in the channel banner, I have seen the clock on a Hopper 1 somehow be off by a couple of minutes. Rebooting the Hopper always fixed the issue, though. This issue was also not very recent. It was way back when the Hopper 1 still had the old (pre-Carbon) UI.

Reactions: HipKat
I went and looked for a problem with my J3 on an H3, and I don't see it. When I hit Select, the channel banner comes up and shows the correct time, always. It doesn't get stuck when it reboots (which is shortly after 3AM). Where are you seeing this stuck clock on a J3?
It's not me that's seeing it. it's another tech

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)