Strange Windows 7 Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
On my office I have a machine which has Windows 7 on it. It has been having a strange issue and have not been able to fix it. I just formatted it again and am having the same issue out of the box with Windows 7.

The issue is when I go online to certain websites that require you to logon that when I do it asks me to login for every picture it downloads from the site...

Or it just loses the cookies and throws me out of the site entirely.

Its not an IE8 issue, as this happens in Firefox, Safari and Google Chrome as well on the same sites.

I have turned off all security in Windows 7 including the firewall off, and editing the serurity setting to accept all cookies and turn off protected mode, and it still happens.

If I try going to any of these sites on a Windows XP machine it works fine same with accessing these sites on a Mac.

Anyone see anything like this before? Or have any suggestions? Again this is happening out of the box with a fresh format and again its happening on all browsers just not IE8, so it seems like its a Windows 7 issue.

Just for laughs I formatted again and went from a 32 bit version of Windows 7 to a 64Bit version and the problem remains. :(

Hmmm.. no issues like that here. I got Windows7 32/64bit on many PCS at my business running smoooooooth.

The good part about it (I guess) is that it only happens on site which are not too important, such as our server management software and our ad agency website.

Just annoying...

Weird... I've got Win7 32bit and 64bit, one with UAC, the other without. I have not seen that behavior either.

-Mike

The strange thing is it just happens on this machine...

I have Windows 7 on another machine and all works fine there.

This is so odd.

You may not be able to determine this for most sites, but for your server management, you should.... Do those websites check your operating system version ? Spoof that information and see what happens.

Scott, are you running Windows Defender?

Ok...

Looks like its somethign with the machine...

Got another machine exact same model and specs, and formatted the drive and loaded the same copy of Windows 7 on it and it works fine.

The other machine it still acts flakey, even went as far as full format the machine and even put a new hard drive in the machine and load windows 7 from scratch.

Very odd...

Ok...

Looks like its somethign with the machine...

Got another machine exact same model and specs, and formatted the drive and loaded the same copy of Windows 7 on it and it works fine.

The other machine it still acts flakey, even went as far as full format the machine and even put a new hard drive in the machine and load windows 7 from scratch.

Very odd...

Rename the new machine with the old machine name and see what happens.

Device driver possibly corrupting things? TPM issues? Defective processor cannot do something with encryption poperly corrupting the cookies? This certainly sounds puzzling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts