stream direct tv

mmcl26554

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Northern WV
I got an email advertising the online service called "stream direct tv" anybody know anything about this. There are a few posts on the web that think this is a scam. Anybody have any experience with this?
Michael

Never heard of a service called that, but you can stream your directv with a slingbox or Vulkano Player.

Shady Company with a bad reputation.

Here is their web address streamdirect-today.com

They are basically selling you software that links to streaming video from various sources (almost all illegally streaming except for free channels available to anyone online) so you will not get as many channels as they claim and the majority are low quality or foreign (mainly Chinese) channels. Any higher quality streams of American networks get shut down pretty quickly and it can take a while for a new stream to be started. The "totally free DVR" that is supposed to be a $300 value is only free for a 30 day trial then they charge your credit card. They have a reputation for making cancellation difficult and continuing to bill when someone does try to cancel. They operate under dozens of different names currently and tend to drop a company name once complaints online reach the point where they can't push them way down in search engines to hide them. They then just operate as a slightly differently name company that is part of Certo Business Solutions B.V. In addition they have banned users who do complain from their site, giving them no refund or access to what they paid for. The fine print for their 60 day money back guaranty if you are "not happy" states that because the goods are non-tangible, they do not give refunds once it is delivered (Once you download the software) so it is pretty much impossible to get a refund. The same company has sold "Professional Google Earth" software and fake antivirus software. If you search for negative opinions on streamdirect they are buried within a couple hundred pages of people affiliated with Certo, but if if you search for Certo Business Solutions, you'll find some actual complaints.

If you want to watch some streaming television there are sites that gather up links for free or low cost such as Buba's Online TV - The Place to Get Your "Couch Potato" on... or http://jayjayswebtv.yolasite.com/ that have fewer channels listed, but only list actual live streams of US and UK stations and keep them updated as streams go down or change addresses.

They also sell freeware such as Open Office, VLC, Wii Homebrew stuff, free versions of AVG, and even a "New tabbed browser" at http://browsernewdownloadsdotcom that if you look closely at the images, you will see it is Firefox. Their whole business is sending spam to sell other people's products that are available for free.

Last edited:
This comment is a direct response to the post with a question about Stream Direct TV, not steamdirect-today.com which I never heard of before. I happen to be a member of the Stream Direct TV service and use the software regularly. I beg to differ with those claiming the service is a scam and software isn't good. I can only speak for the present and my experience, not what may have happened in the pass concerning this software. I'm a current member and choose this service which happens to be better than Satellite Direct -- considered the most popular pay-to-download Internet TV software on the market today. Why? Because instead of going after the most popular, I wanted to experience the best of Web TV and watch everything from one location.

There is a good review on Stream Direct TV that provides all the pros and cons, among other things, to help learn more -- Just Google InternetTvDotCom .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)