Streaming from PlayOn via Hopper

I realize this is a very old thread, but just went through trying to play my PlayLater videos on my Dish Hopper and Joeys and wanted to figure out a way to do it free instead of using TVersity or one of the other paid options. I found a solution and it's very simple! The Serviio (serviio.org) free version works great! Does on the fly transcoding, which is what's need to stream those videos to hopper. To get it working just install Serviio and point it at your media folder. Then the key is to bring up the Serviio console, then go to Status where your available client devices are shown. Find the Dish receiver devices (my Hopper and Joeys show as "XiP813 Hopper"). Choose Edit, then change the Profile from the default (doesn't transcode) to "DirectTV HD-DVR". That profile works great for the Dish receivers. Also, unrelated, but anyone with a Smart TV or streaming device that supports Plex, should install the Plex server on your PC so you have a friendly user interface to access your content, even off your local network. Works great and much friendlier than DLNA (and they have a free version!)! Hope this helps some folks.

The Serviio (serviio.org) free version works great! Does on the fly transcoding, which is what's need to stream those videos to hopper. To get it working just install Serviio and point it at your media folder. Then the key is to bring up the Serviio console, then go to Status where your available client devices are shown. Find the Dish receiver devices (my Hopper and Joeys show as "XiP813 Hopper"). Choose Edit, then change the Profile from the default (doesn't transcode) to "DirectTV HD-DVR". That profile works great for the Dish receivers. Hope this helps some folks.

I LOVE YOU MAN! I have been searching for something that would play through the Hopper3. Emby worked great on the Hopper2, but simply would NOT play any of my Blu-ray MKV files. (It would just pop up an error stating it could not play they file type.) It played regular DVD MKV's but not Blu-ray. Same for Kodi. I came to the Satellite Guys forum today specifically to see if someone had tried something that worked and Serviio does the trick! So far, it's downmixing everything to stereo even though I changed that setting in the Transcoding area, but at least the stuff plays. Are you seeing the same?

Thanks again!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)