Streaming is so popular sirusxm launches new satellite...?

TV Junkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 20, 2021
West Coast
I understand the general consensus, that satellite TV is dying because streaming is super awesome and radical. For sure. :rolleyes:

Why aren't we streaming music? Why the new bird for sirusxm?

Satellite TV? Bad, we like streaming!

Streaming Music? Bad, we like satellite!

WTF...?

For those who cover large distances for a living (road warriors) or as a recreation (RVers), streaming typically isn't practical.

Radio is different from TV because you can't watch TV while you're driving.
I have a USB drive loaded with 240 hours of my favorite music, yes 10 full days worth. I simply have that play in scramble mode and I am good.

We have SXM receivers in both our motorhome and car that we use constantly when on the road. We've tested streaming both SXM and Pandora, but we've found cell Internet coverage to be too erratic for consistent reception. We rarely lose the SXM sat signal, and even then usually only for a minute or two.

Satellite just works.

I can’t tell you the number of times I have streamed in the car and the app didn’t work correctly, got no sound had to reboot the phone or car play locked up. M

I have a lifetime streaming subscription and prefer to pay for service in the car as it just works.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I travel to Mexico a few times a year. About 300 miles south of Tucson, AZ. Satellite radio is there every mile and throughout my stay. Streaming works, but T-Mo limits me to 5 GB south of the border.

Connecting your phone to your car would use too much data.
That's all I listen to is SiriusXM via my phone in my Work Van. 100% of the time I'm driving.
My POV has SXM onboard the stereo, so same thing - without the draw on my unlimited data.

I have a USB drive loaded with 240 hours of my favorite music, yes 10 full days worth. I simply have that play in scramble mode and I am good.
And when I'm (rarely) not on SXM, I have a pretty large playlist on Amazon music I play in scramble mode

How do you know that’s enough for one or two trips?. Are you the music police?.
MP3 PD
simcops.gif

You are talking apples and oranges. SXM has their radios built into nearly every vehicle being produced for the US/CA/MX market. IMO, including streaming in my subscription was a big win and keeps me as a subscriber. In fact I dropped my early adopter Pandora subscription when SXM included streaming with my auto package(s). I have kept my Spotify subscription primarily for time when I want to listen to something specific. For on the road use, sure, I could stream music, news, whatever from my phone but there is a definite convenience and safety factor by not having to manipulate my phone to change channels while driving.

I dropped my SXM service in my truck, and use the streaming app off of another account.

Connected via carplay, you can control it just like you would the radio, without ever touching the phone.
As for service issues, I am running both Verizon and ATT on the same device, so it is pretty rare that one or the other doesnt have a good enough signal to pull the stream.

I dropped my SXM service in my truck, and use the streaming app off of another account.

Connected via carplay, you can control it just like you would the radio, without ever touching the phone.
As for service issues, I am running both Verizon and ATT on the same device, so it is pretty rare that one or the other doesnt have a good enough signal to pull the stream.
How do you run both on one device, change the APN's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)