Streaming Netflix?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

waterboy202

Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
TN
Is it possible to stream movies from Netflix to my HD Dvr? I have a network connection to my dvr for my video on demand.

I' tried Playon and found it very inconsistent and it locked up my HR after every use. Had to do a hard reboot very annoying. I bought a ROKU box for $99 and it works perfectly even HD.

I' tried Playon and found it very inconsistent and it locked up my HR after every use. Had to do a hard reboot very annoying. I bought a ROKU box for $99 and it works perfectly even HD.

I only started to use it last week and so far no problems using it on HR20/21/22/23 or H21's. So maybe either DirecTV or PlayOn has made some changes to make it work better.

I only started to use it last week and so far no problems using it on HR20/21/22/23 or H21's. So maybe either DirecTV or PlayOn has made some changes to make it work better.

What did you do to get playon to recognize your receiver?

What did you do to get playon to recognize your receiver?

I didn't do anything at all, just started it. I had Windows Media Player V11 already up and working on Media Share. Then just added PlayOn, put in my NetFlix logon and on my DirecTV boxes there was now a new server name for the PlayOn client. Have you checked http://www.themediamall.com/playon/minreqs to make sure you have the minumum system hardware/software requirements?

I've got a client running on a Vista 64 system, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Media Server with both Norton and McAfee software.

I didn't do anything at all, just started it. I had Windows Media Player V11 already up and working on Media Share. Then just added PlayOn, put in my NetFlix logon and on my DirecTV boxes there was now a new server name for the PlayOn client.

I've got a client running on a Vista 64 system, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Media Server with both Norton and McAfee software.

I have WMP11 as a client, but I just can't get my HR-22 to recognize Playon.

On the "Current Running status" in the settings it just says initializing.

Well I got my HR22 to recognize the playon server, but every time I play a Netflix movie, I get a error message about DRM.

Now I can play the same movie on my computer from netflix. I must have the worse luck.

Well I finally got playon to work with Netflix, but it pauses like every ten seconds, I will not pay forty dollars for a service like that.

I would rather pay the hundred bucks for a player that works.

Well I finally got playon to work with Netflix, but it pauses like every ten seconds, I will not pay forty dollars for a service like that.

I would rather pay the hundred bucks for a player that works.

When you do the test for your network in Playon and for your CPU/Memory/Disk are they all green or do any show red or yellow? Playon is only an application on your PC that interfaces the various services to your HR2X so it might be something in your PC or network setup that causes that. All my tests are in the green and I have no pauses.

When you do the test for your network in Playon and for your CPU/Memory/Disk are they all green or do any show red or yellow? Playon is only an application on your PC that interfaces the various services to your HR2X so it might be something in your PC or network setup that causes that. All my tests are in the green and I have no pauses.

That's the problem, duh, my processor speed is yellow.

It's only a AMD XP2400+

That's the problem, duh, my processor speed is yellow.

It's only a AMD XP2400+

From what I see that's only a 2Ghz chip, video processing takes a lot of horsepower. They say a 1.5Ghz Intel chip is the minimum, they also say:

If your PC is at or just above the minimum specifications for CPU and RAM, you may have trouble streaming videos, unless your PC is used as a dedicated PlayOn server. Make sure you first try out PlayOn to verify that your PC is capable of realtime transcoding without maxing out your processor or causing playback buffering. so that sounds like it might be the issue. I've run on a 2.66Ghz Pr chip with no problems.

And what's your network from your PC to your HR2X, that could also be part of the problem.

From what I see that's only a 2Ghz chip, video processing takes a lot of horsepower. They say a 1.5Ghz Intel chip is the minimum, they also say:

If your PC is at or just above the minimum specifications for CPU and RAM, you may have trouble streaming videos, unless your PC is used as a dedicated PlayOn server. Make sure you first try out PlayOn to verify that your PC is capable of realtime transcoding without maxing out your processor or causing playback buffering. so that sounds like it might be the issue. I've run on a 2.66Ghz Pr chip with no problems.

And what's your network from your PC to your HR2X, that could also be part of the problem.

I have 768MB of ram.

It's hard wired using a Linksys router.

+1.
I'm all green and do not have any pauses when streaming netflix.

I have 768MB of ram.

It's hard wired using a Linksys router.

There is your issue. Try maximizing performance via adjusting it to Auto. I have a AMD 5200+(2.6GHZ) and 2GB of Ram. I have mine set to Max and have no issues. I can let my daughter watch a DVD on the PC running Playon and still have no issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)