Streaming with Blockbuster Thread

Ordered my first BB freebie...........worked like a charm............Thanks Dish ...I forgive you for all those bad receivers over the years and the incompetent contractors you sent out which made me learn all that stuff about cables, skew, elevation, etc etc

@TrumanHorn .... I've soooo been there.. and don't forget you probably paid for your 922 .... etc..

The main issue I have is the "not knowing" ... you go to *ANY* of the links for Blockbuster Movie Pass and you only get details in 50,000 foot view.. "one hundred thousand titles" ... great.. now which ones?

It seems BMG and Sony and who was that other company... that in the 80's and 90's had record and tape clubs.. that later got replaced with Tapes & CD clubs ... only later to be CD's only .. and now is in the streaming club? ....

The biggest draw back to these companies, is what they have licensed to stream/swap/rent/whatever ... quite simply, because you go out and buy a DVD you agree to the disclaimers, not for rent, not for mass dissemination or movie theater type environments ... and so those companies that made up those clubs wouldn't get the Beatles titles... (as recently as last year Itunes didn't have the ability to sell beatles tracks through their "service") ...

... SO TOO ... its with Blockbuster, Netflix, Hulu Plus, and all the other johnny come latelies ... and I, for one, will not sign up for blockbuster movie pass ... until I have a list of items I can search and find I get access to through it ...

And I'm sure part of that is the ploy ... but also the issue with such items.. why would anyone stay with HBO, and the others, if they can just as easily download/stream the movies of their choice? the special wording "28 days before netflix" comes to mind... getting access to content sooner (ie, pay rentals cause that brand new movie isn't going to be in the 100,000 titles) but still who would keep those other companies.. I know *I* wouldn't .. so what if Boardwalk Empire is just starting its new season... if its available to rent or stream for free under this "movie pass" deal.. I wouldn't need HBO any more..

So... lots of angles.. and Dish themselves only prove they've not fully thought it out, not fully disclosed information, and this morning I did chat a tech, and they too, did not have any information as to exactly what titles you'd get access to for that 10 bucks a month.. only spouting 100,000 movies, tv shows, and more ... Same old Dish disaster.

Question is Star Trek TV Shows streaming, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT a Netflix streaming exclusive?

how can you watch blockbuster movies on your pc? ty for help
Sign up for Dish/Blockbuster Movie Pass .... and then you manage the Blockbuster "queue" through dish and get access to it at DishOnline <dot> com ... or that's what they are having us believe...

Question is Star Trek TV Shows streaming, TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT a Netflix streaming exclusive?
and a perfect example of the kind of "exclusivity" that comes with joining a "club". Free this, pay rental that, denied to other content because the company won't pay to license it.

........ How do you not have the capability to stream to all of your boxes on the day of launch if you're Dish? .....

I think it's better they roll it out for some of their DVRs than wait until s/w is done for all receivers.

Sign up for Dish/Blockbuster Movie Pass .... and then you manage the Blockbuster "queue" through dish and get access to it at DishOnline <dot> com ... or that's what they are having us believe...

and a perfect example of the kind of "exclusivity" that comes with joining a "club". Free this, pay rental that, denied to other content because the company won't pay to license it.
im have dish/blockbuster pass and am on dishonline...ty for help :)

Blockbuster media player activation possible? DIRT Help

I have a Western Digital media player that has the blockbuster streaming application on it. Now that my Dish Platinum programming has been changed to Blockbuster Movie Pass, can I activate blockbuster streaming on my media player?

My Western digital player says to go to blockbuster.com/wd/activate, but when I go to the blockbuster web site I cannot sign in using my dish network sign in. Is there any way to activate blockbuster streaming on my WD media player using my Dish Network blockbuster movie pass account?

So those of us on a free year of the platinum promotion offered during the absolute phase out. Are we eligible for the movie pass or is it $10 for us?

So those of us on a free year of the platinum promotion offered during the absolute phase out. Are we eligible for the movie pass or is it $10 for us?
Iif you have free platinum, you pay for the pass.

Where can you watch the free blockbuster movies on your PC? I don't see it on Dishonline.com

My question is, I have a Blockbuster account already. How do I switch? Do I cancel Blockbuster and sign up for it on the Dish site? If so, What happens to me BB DVD queue? Is there a way to transfer my account?

dish is telling me that the blockbuster movie pass is not replacing the platinum pack. that it's an extra $10/month for the rentals. I'm getting the 30 anniv promo for the platinum pack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts