Streaming with Blockbuster Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
after reviewing the blockbuster on Dish it is very cumberson to key in information such as genre rating hd/sd etc to do a
search for movies-it would be so much easier if Dish could figure out a way to add one more column to the c
guide in the 722 etc.

I didn't have a blockbuster online account. I did already have the Platinum package for $10. This was the easiest and quickest change I have made with Dish.
I received an email this morning telling me to login to my account as dish. On the left side of the screen there was a button to register with blockbuster. Clicked it and was logged into blockbuster with my account already setup. All I had to do was start adding to my queue.
Awesome job, Dish!

WARNING: Blockbuster "streaming" downloads entire movie using DVR recordings space.

And from what I can tell, the movie can't be deleted until the 30 day rental period is up. Definitely not a good thing for those of us who are consistently low on recording space.

How is that streaming if the receiver forces the entire movie to be downloaded? When I'm done watching or don't want to watch anymore it shouldn't still be downloading and taking up space for my recordings. And you should be able to erase it whenever you want, not have it sit there for 30 days.

If I'm wrong about this please tell me, but I just tried to stream a movie and after stopping it because it kept buffering I saw that every few minutes my space left for HD recordings was going down. I pulled the ethernet cable from the receiver because that seemed to be only way to stop it from downloading and eating up my space. I certainly don't plan on putting the ethernet cable back in until the 30 days are up because I don't want it eating up my recordings space.

dish is telling me that the blockbuster movie pass is not replacing the platinum pack. that it's an extra $10/month for the rentals. I'm getting the 30 anniv promo for the platinum pack
From all other indications on line, as well as their marketing material on their web site ... Dish / Blockbuster Movie Pass *IS* replacing Platinum.

Platinum is not visible in 99% of their package content ... I found it one place ... Preview information / Pixl .. small print "upgrade to platinum"
http://www.dishnetwork.com/entertain/preview/default.aspx

It looks like all of the platinum channels are in the Blockbuster Movie Pass

External to Dish (a retail location's website)
http://www.satellitesolutions.com/dishnetwork/hd-platinum.asp
HD Platinum (22 Channels) - FREE For 3 Months (Normally $10.00 per month)!
HD Platinum is DISH Network's customer premium content channel package. For only $10 per month you get over 22 all-HD channels that cover the programming gamut: Hit movies with EPIX, EPIX 2, MGM, and HDNet Movies, classics and undergrounds with Indieplex, Retroplex, and SHORTS, high-quality education and series programming with HD Theater, Universal HD, Crime and Investigation, compelling music programming with Centric and Palladia, and exclusive lifestyle channels like Fashion, MAV TV, Logo, and the World Fishing Network.

Compared to Dish's BBMP
http://www.dishnetwork.com/blockbuster/customer.aspx
logos-customer.gif
There's a few channels missing .. but thats because they were dropped from dish's lineup all together.

In the Customer Service Rep's defense.. they were probably confusing it with "replacing it on your account" as its not ... once your free year of Platinum is up, I doubt you'll be able to order/add it ... and the new "platinum" would be the Dish BlockBuster Movie Pass ...

Finally got my Blockbuster account moved to my Dish account. Had to change my Dish email address to the same address I use for Blockbuster before I could complete the process. Once I did that, no more problems.

Heads up to anyone who has a Dish account and a Blockbuster account, make sure both accounts use the same email address before starting the process because during the combination process, the system, by default, auto-fills your Blockbuster log in email address with the email address you have on file with Dish.

if thats the case it stinks a little. but maybe you want to consider offloading some programs to ehd also

Last edited:
If it does it won't make any difference as it isn't the space that you are using. They dnld to a different area than you are allowed to use in. You can find this out just by dnld something and note how much space you have before and after.

If it does it won't make any difference as it isn't the space that you are using. They dnld to a different area than you are allowed to use in. You can find this out just by dnld something and note how much space you have before and after.

This is what I had previously assumed and I believe how it worked for PPV VOD, but as the download was happening today the time left in the HD section of My Recordings was reducing by one minute for every few minutes it was downloading.

I just dumped platinum last month, but got the blockbuster pass today. The video game rentals are the big thing for me. Pretty good deal. When/If we can stream to Android, even better.

streaming to iphone and ipad would be nice...or even better...combine all this with dish remote app

hopefully they fix the Blockbuster online website. If I am looking at Movies, why do they have all the TV shows listed in it too, when they have a seperate television category.

Linking direct to start up BB via my DISH account couldn't have been more painless. Good job DISH!

This is what I had previously assumed and I believe how it worked for PPV VOD, but as the download was happening today the time left in the HD section of My Recordings was reducing by one minute for every few minutes it was downloading.

Yep I have witnessed this with DISH Cinema downloads as well...

they should be able to link dish account with blockbuster.com so you could use the blockbuster movie link software to stream movies on pc with Dish blockbuster movie pass login.

Been trying all day to sign up. Login to my dish account and click on my programming like is says in email from dish and get error message that "servive not available try later" same happens when click order on BB Movie pass page

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)