Stretched SD channels

dbldhd

Original poster
Jun 10, 2004
Hi,

I just got Voom installed and love it. However I have a problem. I am using the DVI connection and the HD channels are great. But the SD channels are over-stretched. I can't see the surf bar and the picture is cropped. I've tried changing the installation settings but nothing seems to work. I like the fact that my screen gets filled, but don't like the over-stretching. In comparison, when I use component video, the SD channels are fine and fill the screen appropriately. I just invested quite a few dollars in a DVI switcher and cable and so would hate to have to go back to component cables. Please help. Thanks.

I went into installation and picture and changed to PILLAR BOx and Letterbox I beleive and even though pic is a box it is normal looking.

I tried that...no change. I guess I have to go back to component.

Sounds like you have your Voom receiver set to force 1080i all the time and your TV uses a "full" aspect ratio when it sees a 1080i signal. When it gets a SD signal, it'll stretch it to fit.

If this is the case, reset your receiver to pass through the native resolution of the program. Punch the red button under the door until all light bars illuminate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)