All SD & HD Channels moved to Harmonic Encoder

can someone explain to me how to do soft/hard reboots cause my box is acting funny locking up on stations and so on.thanks

A soft boot is where you push and hold the power button in for 5sec. and release. Your system should shutdown and restart for you

A hard boot is where you turn your system off and then unplug it for about 30 or more secs then turn it back on.

Hope that helps.

No guide for me

VOOM was installed this afternoon and I can't get the TV guide to load.
I tried soft and hard reboot but no go.

The PQ still needs tweaking on Equator, Gallery, Moov, Worldsport & Auction. Though the picture is better, the skeeter noise is still there. Worldsport was downright awful watching basketball, the pixelation and softness with movement was unbearable. I haven't checked out the SD side yet, but the Cinema 10 seem to have improved quite a bit.

wazzup said:
VOOM was installed this afternoon and I can't get the TV guide to load.
I tried soft and hard reboot but no go.

Give it sometime. Wait till morning and everything hopefully will be fine.

DarrellP

They must be tweaking something. I noticed that as the evening went on, that the channel I was watching improved. Early on, it looked like a lot of noise in the blacks which were also a bit lighter than usual. Although it looks like they're more gradations in colors, colors also look a bit oversaturated. I can tell a difference, though. Especially on SciFi.

Watching Mischievous Meerkats and the picture quality seems pretty good. No good scenes to really test pixellation, but the mosquito noise seems not as bad. Watching on a 51", its still there but does not seem as pronounced. One channel that seems to have always had bad PQ is Playboy-HD. I know not a lot of people subscribe to this channel, and some may feel that it doesn't need perfect pq, but we pay more for this channel then any other, and this one is really bad. Playboy-HD and Moov-HD have been the channels used to sell people on voom for me. The age group I have sold to 18-25, these channels seem to be the best to tell people that are attending college in my opinion. BTW Cartoon and MTV have the best PQ i have seen in awhile and seems like they finally have gotten rid of the sparklies.

danielle_s said:
A soft boot is where you push and hold the power button in for 5sec. and release. Your system should shutdown and restart for you

A hard boot is where you turn your system off and then unplug it for about 30 or more secs then turn it back on.

Hope that helps.
thank you so much i hope it all fixes soon.I noticed the sound on a bit of channels are really low/weather channel and comedy central are not loud at all and some are very loud.

ABC family still is really bright and I am wondering when they are gonna fix the sound problem. Some channels like Sci-Fi, TBS etc have a lower volume and when you turn to another channel like ABC fam or ESPN News you get blown away.

Video delay?

I have an intermittent sound issue.
I just turned on Jay Leno and during his monologue, the sound was about 1/2 second ahead of the video. About 10 minutes later, when it went to commercial, it was fine and stayed in sync from then on.
I noticed this earlier this evening on some of the HBO channels as well as TNT, etc. Pretty much all channels, and now they are all fine.
Anyone else experience this?
(This seems to happen most often on FU - just kidding!)

Andrew

freezetime said:
ABC family still is really bright and I am wondering when they are gonna fix the sound problem. Some channels like Sci-Fi, TBS etc have a lower volume and when you turn to another channel like ABC fam or ESPN News you get blown away.

Same here. SciFi (my personal favorite) volume is significantly lower than USA. When channel surfing, the difference is unsettling.

Andrew B said:
I have an intermittent sound issue. I just turned on Jay Leno and during his monologue, the sound was about 1/2 second ahead of the video.
If this is OTA, then Voom's encoders aren't even coming into play... This is a signal you're receiving over the air, and you should call the station's engineering department and let them know.

Voom has nothing to do with and no control over channels you receive via the antenna rather than the satellite.

who_the said:
If this is OTA, then Voom's encoders aren't even coming into play... This is a signal you're receiving over the air, and you should call the station's engineering department and let them know.

Voom has nothing to do with and no control over channels you receive via the antenna rather than the satellite.

problem was on both OTA and satellight stations. Seems to be resolved now.

I've seen this same behavior on both the Voom receiver and my Sami OTA receiver when the signal takes a hit. If it has a minor drop out or hickup from marginal signal that's all it takes. Eventually it comes back into sync, especially if you change channels. Most likely not a Voom problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)