All SD & HD Channels moved to Harmonic Encoder

ok, what the heck is a harmonic encoder? laymens terms please!

Yay

This is the most excitement have had in a while. It is great to cheer for the underdog

I wish they would keep us more in the loop.. This is gonna drive me to drink..

This is a unbelievable saga. Did you guys at SatGuys engineered this to drive up the internet traffic? I got a deadline tommorrow but I could not tear myself away from these pages. I am TORNED!

Voom Message on Upgrades

penguinbrat said:
Can't take a picture of it.. But here it is...

"Technical upgrades completed!"

"VOOM has been adding capacity. If you encounter a black screen, please channel up then down to restore normal reception."

So is this good or bad??? :confused:

FYI:

Image-ED18693F8B4411D9.jpg

Pour one for me,I thought they were really gonna pull the plug so I upgraded to Vava-VOOM for the last months ride,well gotta explain them not pulling the plug to The Better Half and why I upgraded

Can someone with a large screen (pj preferably) checkout EquatorHD and see if it is any better? Last time I checked, the skeeters were noticeably reduced but the image was awfully soft and the Cinema10 looked much better.

DarrellP said:
Can someone with a large screen (pj preferably) checkout EquatorHD and see if it is any better? Last time I checked, the skeeters were noticeably reduced but the image was awfully soft and the Cinema10 looked much better.

I don't have a 9 foot screen, only a 57" WS, but equator looks awesome to me...

So are wondering if the quality that is imperceptible to you that can't detect is better?

Hmmm, that sounds a little obsessive.

dash2004 said:
This is a unbelievable saga. Did you guys at SatGuys engineered this to drive up the internet traffic? I got a deadline tommorrow but I could not tear myself away from these pages. I am TORNED!

Dang it...

You figured it out! Although no one guessed that SatelliteGuys is BUYING VOOM. Why do you guys think I have been wanting you guys to click on the Google advertisements and visit our sponsors. :D :D :D

Now you know the truth... (YEAH RIGHT! The above is only a joke folks) :)

People just know for the real VOOM news and info they come to SatelliteGuys, people know that they can read it hear first TODAY our they can read it at other sites or in the papers tommorow. :)

This has been a roller coaster for us as well.

BTW I love the VOOM logo with the Smilie Face!

"VOOM has been adding capacity. If you encounter a black screen, please channel up th

Still have black screen on channels 301- 522- 523.

Would this upgrade have occured last night? I was flipping channels and stopped at one, thinking this looks like HD, what's on? It was a commercial, not Voom or HD related and it ended up being the WE channel. I would swear it was HD like quality..maybe my eyes? Would the improvements be that good on SD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts