Status
Please reply by conversation.

Robbert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Southern New Hampshire
Hi everyone,

I have gotten my motorized system set up pretty well for everything West of 71W (my longitude) up to G10R. However, pretty much every sat I have tried to get East of 60W I haven't been able to see any transponders.

Can anyone on here give me some strong 24/7 transponders that can be received in the North East of the US (New Hampshire to be precise) on sats such as:
- PAS9 (58W)
- PAS3R (43W)
- Telstar 11 (37.5W)
- Intelsat 903 (34.5W)
- Hispasats 1C/1D (30W)
- Intelsat 905 (24.5W)
- Telstar 12 (15W)
- Atlantic Bird 1 (12.5W)
- ???

Or any other ones? I just want to use them to fine tune my alignment to the arc..

Thanks!
Robbert

Nothing on 43W except for C-band
Telstar 12 (37.5) is an inclined orbit so we can’t get it

I cant see past 58 due to LOS issues so someone else will have to help

It looked like 43W would have some feeds pointing our way on Lyngsat on the Ku band.. But I guess they're not 24/7.

My LOS is much better to the east than it is to the west. No trees taller than the location of the dish to the east than to the west. I was actually surprised that G10R wasn't obscured for me being at 18 degrees above the horizon, considering the treeline there... I have been able to go as far West as G13, but that's pretty close to the max range of my motor (60 degrees). I haven't used the eastern 60 degrees of the motor much (haven't found anything), but reading on Lyngsat there should be some stuff I should be able to get...

So if anyone else has some tips.....

Thanks!
Robbert

T12- try 11804H 3300 Antenna Satellite (Greek)

I get 92% quality on a 90cm dish in Montreal.

I can't go that far east since I put up my Primestar dish, but Hispasat at least used to have a few strong transponders. I'm pulling the frequencies and symbol rates from Lyngsat, but I can/could get Boca TV 11977H SR 5240, Cubavision 11884V SR 27500, and TeleCaribe 11933V SR2962. I know there were several others, but these are some that I remember.

Thanks for all the tips so far! This will be very helpful this weekend as I climb up on the ladder yet again.. :) Still trying to get that perfect alignment to the whole arc from -60 to +60 degrees..

Robbert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts