install problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jackal2403

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2004
i recently installed a 120cm dish and i am getting great signal strength west of sbs 74 satellite "my true south",now anything east of that i get no signal whats so ever.i never ran into a problem like this before.I just upgraded from a 90cm dish and had no problems getting signal east of sbs 74. Please help

I assume you have a motor.

1) Dish needs to be centered on the arm of the motor. (If the dish is not centered then the elevation will change from East and West)

2) Determine where the dish needs to be. (Easy way is to remove LNB from holder and hunt for the satellite beam with a signal meter). There is only a limited number of ways the dish can be off track. But we need to know how it is off track I.E.

Tracks the west (or East) satellites, but lower of the east (or West) satellites = Dish not centered on motor.

Tracks center satellite(s), but low (or High) on both the East or West satellites = Wrong arc, deinclination angle wrong.

Tracks some East and West satellites, but no center satellites = Wrong arc, deinclination angle wrong.

Tracks center satellites but low on the West (or East) satellite and High of the East (or West) satellites = Azimuth incorrect for true south.

3) Double check your settings for; Motor elevation, Azimuth, Dish elevation and dish centering.

Hubba,

The manual for the SM3D12 motor at Sadoun.com has a really good explanation (with pictures) of arc alignment errors and how to correct them. See http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/SATCONTROL/SADOUN-SM3D12.pdf , page 17 and on.

But before you can figure it out completely, you should move to a sat east of 85 and nudge your dish down or up to see if you can find it at all. Take note of whether you needed to move it up or down to get a signal and then move to the West side of your arc and see if the signal improves by nudging the dish up or down there. Make note of that too, and then follow the guide in the PDF, and it will tell you what to try!

I'm in the same boat you are. I track decently from about 74W to 130W, but anything east of that (my long. is 71.2) is not coming in at all.. So I'll be on the ladder this weekend doing exactly as I said before...

Good luck!
Robbert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)