Strong "quality" signal yet no channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

imax_01

Original poster
Oct 4, 2008
what does it mean. I have strong signals like 50 + on many transponders yet when i ran blind scan no channels were captured. where are they hiding? at this point i really have no clue which bird i am pointing at. i am using Ku lnb and direction is somewhere between 61.5 and 91W.

Hi Imax, welcome to our site.

Is your dish motorized and can you manually enter information into your reveiver? If so, what I do is go to North & South America - LyngSat find the satellite I want, check for something on that satellite that is in the clear, move the dish to where you think the satellite is located, manually enter the FR and SR and bump the dish around until you see something on the signal meter, quality means nothing, signal strength is what you are looking for. Move the dish around until you get the highest number on the signal strength, then scan. Once you get a strong signal you can scan just that FR or back out of that menu and do a blind scan. If you get good signal strength you should be on the satellite. If you have any questions feel free to let us know. We are here to help. GOOD LUCK.

I see that Iceberg has posted. His opinions are highly valued.

hi Q, no pix

Don't you get a high quality on a data transponder?
There are no pictures (video & audio), but your receiver still sees it as a great quality signal.

Those are sometimes used for initial alignment to a satellite.
If a bird has no strong transpoders with video, they're better than nothing. ;)
Once rough-aligned to strong transponders, you would graduate to the weaker ones and do a bit more fine tuning.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)