Strong Signal but no lock

bsilvertab

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Rockford MI
Hello-

I am located in Grand Rapids MI, zip 49503. I cannot pull in 13.1 or 13.2 at my new house for the life of me. I am pointing a large UHF only antenna in the direction at the tower, which will result in a 68 signal on my HD turner that is built into my TV, but the SNR meter will read 0 most of the time. I am able to pull in stations that have signals in the high 50's so i don't understand. I am able to receive the analog feed of 13 in very well, but 13.1 I believe is broadcast on channel 26. Is it possible there is some interference at my new place that I am not aware of? Any recommendations on what I could do to clear this up?

Thanks,
BSilvertab

Hello-

I am located in Grand Rapids MI, zip 49503. I cannot pull in 13.1 or 13.2 at my new house for the life of me. I am able to receive the analog feed of 13 in very well, but 13.1 I believe is broadcast on channel 26.

Thanks,
BSilvertab

WZZM-DT is actually on channel 39. According to AntennaWeb it is the weakest signal at your house.

You also have DTV channel 27 (My Network TV) located very close to you. the combination of a strong and weak signal is hard to tame. You might be better off turning your antenna for a weaker signal on WOLP and then see if WZZM-DT comes in.

If you have a preamp, it may have difficulty with a nearby signal, even if it is low power. The Winegard HDP-269 is the one preamp designed to deal with such situations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts