Strong Signal but no picture.

ml460

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2010
Little Rock Ar.
I was wondering if anyone can steer me in what direction I need to go to solve my problem. I have a strong signal of 70 on a transponder but all of the channels that are broadcasting from that transponder is not showing any picture. I have powered down the receiver and ran a check but still no picture, by the way there is no message on the screen. I do have tv on all other transponders. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Can you let me know exactly what channels are not coming in and which transponder?

Satellite 77 is used mostly for Spanish stations. Was there something in particular you were trying to pull from that satellite?

Satellite 77 is used mostly for Spanish stations. Was there something in particular you were trying to pull from that satellite?[/QUOTE I get my locals from there and since they moved most of the SD channels there, I only need to set up one antenna on my RV. On 26, you have 139, 120, 118, 205, 107, 111, 105 etc. None of these channels are showing anything when you go there. I can get them by moving my antenna to another satellite. I was just wondering why I can't get the channels off of transponder 26, yesterday I wasn't receiving just two or three channels but today I am not receiving any. Any Thoughts? I have turned everything off, and rebooted but nothing changed. I show to be getting a strong 70 signal on the meter. Could it be my LNB went bad?

Sorry, I haven't had time to check it out in depth, been busy writing and English essay all night(going back to school after this much time is not easy), but I'll check it out. What is your zip code as well?

Might also be when you run a CST if you have super dish or alternate selected, that will knock out some sats/tx

Do I understand you're pointing at 77 alone? I haven't looked it up either, but as a general rule of thumb, you need to have an LNB on the main sats of an arc, e.g. 72.7 in your case, to get all the channel assignments, the extended guide, and receiver authorizations correctly.

The SD channels, not locals, on 77 are 16QAM and your receiver is 8PSK. That is why you see nothing. You need to look at 2, or 3, satellites to get all the channels.

And to add to that, you can watch just 77 if you want to, it will be a two day guide, with most/many of the SD channels most of which have been added to 77. In addition the locals there are in HD and Conus.
It was suggested to me by a long time member here that perhaps this is DISH's way of providing a "backdoor" way for out of Country people to get Networks and SD programming. (Most of those SD channels were not there before) 77 can be seen South of the Border.

And to add to that, you can watch just 77 if you want to, it will be a two day guide, with most/many of the SD channels most of which have been added to 77. In addition the locals there are in HD and Conus.
It was suggested to me by a long time member here that perhaps this is DISH's way of providing a "backdoor" way for out of Country people to get Networks and SD programming. (Most of those SD channels were not there before) 77 can be seen South of the Border.
Thank for your reply however I still need to try to find out why I have a strong signal on transponder 26 and no programming. I am receiving programming from all the other transponders, just not on 26. Is Dish having a problem with the transponder26? or is there another thing I could check with my equipment to try to solve the problem. Thanks

It's not just you, I checked and I have a black screen on all channels coming off transponder 26 of satellite 77.

Me thinks the problem is on Dish's side.

Thank for your reply however I still need to try to find out why I have a strong signal on transponder 26 and no programming.

Bobby told you above in post #11. It's 16QAM, not 8PSK or QPSK. None of us with (normal) Dish receivers can demodulate such a thing. And I don't know what's up with 16QAM either!

He did up top in the quote only response to me. They all show 16qam. Just forgot to take his message out of the quote paragraph.

Interesting, any other info on this ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)