stuck on installation menu

OSUsausageman

Jan 3, 2006
I had to reboot my box because it was frozen. I need it to view my local channels in HD. At one point I did have my box working, but now after the reboot it is just stuck on the installation menu page. Whenever I push back or try to watch a channel it will not go to it. If I try to type in the channel with the remote, it just goes to the number that I push on the installation screen. Please help in time for the USC vs. Texas game.

Try a soft reboot again, pushing and holding in the power button for a few seconds. If that doesn't work maybe you could do a hard reboot, unplugging for a few seconds. Who do you think will win that game?

Ok, I have done both but I still cannot get it off of the installer menu. I cannot even view any channels or change any channels. Please someone help.

What exactly is the message you are stuck on? Try pressing the "WATCH" button on your remote. What happens?

When I press the watch button nothing happens at all. It is stuck on the installer menu page and if I press the back button it just flicks the screen black and stays on it. The resolution changes also when I do this.

I think I had the same problem when I first had my Voom installation done. Voom sent me a new receiver. I remember it was stuck on something and I'm pretty sure it was the installer menu screen. Your problem may be a bad receiver.

OSUsausageman said:
and if I press the back button it just flicks the screen black and stays on it. The resolution changes also when I do this.
Could it be that it changes back to some resolution that is not supported by your TV, like 720p? If so, uou need to switch the box to 1080i mode with the red button.

Well it does switch to an unsupported mode, but I am viewing it through the yellow video jack on the RCA cables. But after i push the back button it still goes to the installation menueven with the resolution set properly.

Don't know what else to suggest. Sounds like a bad box. :(

Yeah that is what i was afraid of. I bought in off of eBay, and the seller e-mailed me today and said he would send me another box. Hope I get better luck with the new one.

It is coming from the same guy i bought the first one from and he says it will work, but I don't have to pay for it, so I am keeping my fingers crossed this one will be a winner. I need to see 24 in HD

OSUsausageman if it worked for him then it should work for you too. The key is it had to be activated be for Voom shut down. You'll love 24 in HD it's a great show i like it too. Good luck with your over the air receiver.

Just in case anybody may be wondering, I did receiver a new VOOM receiver from the seller off of ebay, and so far so good. Thanks for the help everyone

Did you try the RF coax ?

OSUsausageman said:
Well it does switch to an unsupported mode, but I am viewing it through the yellow video jack on the RCA cables. But after i push the back button it still goes to the installation menueven with the resolution set properly.

One of mine acted the same way when I moved it. What worked for me was to revert to the RF coax to a simple old TV. I had to use the coax because I run the VOOMs through RePlays, and the RePlay won't accept component output initially after the box has been reset.

good luck,

mike

ps. are you an Ohio or Oklahoma OSU?
Texas defeated more than USC, eh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts