Stuck searching for software?

michaelbudney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
My receiver (HR21) seems to be stuck searching for software tonight in the CE window. The numbers in the upper left of the screen keep changing.

Is it safe to restart or should I just let it go?

It restarted itself so I did another download request. It seems to be back in the search pattern again.

So is it writing the old version back since nothing downloaded? I thought perhaps the numbers corresponded to the location it was checking.

Someone else mentioned in another thread some odd behaviors tonight.

I had the same thing happen for an HR21-700 download. Said it was searching for new software. Showed 021c in top right - my existing version and it looked like it was searching for 0193. It never found it as it went through each item. It then rebooted and I was back to my original state. I don't know if it's worth trying again or not. I'm a bit worried I'll revert to the old 0x16c release that had all of the audio issues. The 021c has been rock solid for me.

I'll probably try again in about 30 minutes.

Second attempt gave the same results. It looks like the new software for the HR21-700 wasn't available tonight.

Last edited:
You guy's didn't say which HR21 you had .....

The HR21-100 CE was CANCELLED for tonight, could this be your problems ?

Jimbo

Mine is a hr 21 -700 and it did the same thing. IT searched for ever and then I had to reboot to get back out of it. It never downloaded anything.

I had the same issue on both of my HR21-700's. I tried 2 times each, both times they seemed "stuck" searching for software. Both reverted bac to last weeks CE download.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts