Stupid Person asking Questions(Part 2)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Lastly Dish setup.It's a really convenient place as I can get snow off easy.I paid for dishpointer app but obviously I cant get next to dish.Plus how do I get it to take a picture of the satellite and sky?
Do LNB's sort of fail on just one satellite?Ok that's it for now.
I’m hoping you got Satellite pointer, the better app IMO (on iOS anyway). I’ll keep going under that assumption. If you have not already go ahead and set some satellites as favorites (gold star) on the list of satellites, then in settings select the option that allows only favorites to be viewed. Then, I would just stand under the dish, get your phone as close to the dish as you can, point the camera where the dish is pointing and take a screenshot. Not a foolproof method, but may give you an idea if there is a LOS issue

I’m hoping you got Satellite pointer, the better app IMO (on iOS anyway). I’ll keep going under that assumption. If you have not already go ahead and set some satellites as favorites (gold star) on the list of satellites, then in settings select the option that allows only favorites to be viewed. Then, I would just stand under the dish, get your phone as close to the dish as you can, point the camera where the dish is pointing and take a screenshot. Not a foolproof method, but may give you an idea if there is a LOS issue
I got dishpointer because someone else posted a pic in another thread.From what I could see it looked ok but I'm not real steady on my feet plus I can't get up to lnb level.I saw no option (like when I am in camera mode) for taking screenshot.I tried'Shoot" with no luck.Have not looked at app help yet.

I got dishpointer because someone else posted a pic in another thread.From what I could see it looked ok but I'm not real steady on my feet plus I can't get up to lnb level.I saw no option (like when I am in camera mode) for taking screenshot.I tried'Shoot" with no luck.Have not looked at app help yet.
On the DishPointer app AR screen, press the "Capture" button for a screenshot.

I saw no "capture" button but it's not easy with bright sun and one hand on a walker.But thanks-at least now I know what screen it should be on.
Even inside you should be able to see the button. I'm running the DishPointer app on an Android phone. I don't know if the iOS version is different or not.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Attachments

• DishPointer (Satellite Finder & dish installer) - Apps on Google Play - Google Chrome 8_11_202...png
    DishPointer (Satellite Finder & dish installer) - Apps on Google Play - Google Chrome 8_11_202...png
    436 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: charlesrshell
To end this thread the tech from Dish just left.I have now been upgraded to a Hopper 3.Turns out it was a LOS issue.Even though I took out a tree it turns out there were still some branches from the remaining tree in the way.Tech borrowed my long reach tree pruner(I'm still recovering from hip surgery) and got rid of the offending branches.Very satisfactory visit.
Now to reprogram my Harmony 1 remote,setup dishanywhere etc.
At the same time my PS5(which was supposed to here Friday) showed up today.If I can get one (at regular price)that means the shortage is very close to being over.Going to be busy.
Thanks for everyone who chimed in.I'm sure I will have more questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts