Stupid Pet Tricks a la 722K

bgee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 19, 2009
Albany NY
Evidently my 722K learned a new one. I was recording Dexter (60min) and NFL Football last night in the 9PM timeframe. I went to watch Dexter today and found a 20min Dexter and 40min Dexter program in the DVR recordings. The 20min Dexter was the first 20min of the program and was fine. The 40min Dexter was NOT the last 40min of Dexter as I hoped it might be, but 40min of the NFL game airing at the same time.

Either the 722K is in general not ready for primetime or I need a better trained pet. (This one has also suffered from audio dropouts on numerous occasions as well as recordings skipping to the end several times.) Replacement from Dish is on its way and curious if this one will be less buggy.

My word the 722K bug reports march on. I am so lucky that mine has been quite solid. I had that stupid partial recording bug only once and I think that is it. Dish has a really good DVR with the 722K if they can get them all to work like mine.

Keep RMA'ing til they get it right.

Wonder if your box reset it self like mine was doing. Dish said it was a known issue, but this forum says otherwise.
I got my replacement last night and after 1 hour of reprogramming it it locked itself down with an overheating message stating it was 147 degrees.

New box on it's way today. (That's 4 boxes in 2 months!! LoL)

No, never saw any evidence of overheating or rebooting on my 722K. Symptoms limited to:

- audio dropouts (fairly common)
- skipping to end of a recording prematurely (has happened a few times - I've had one CSR tell me this is due to loss of signal at the time the skip occurs and another CSR tell me that this is evidence of a defective 722K)
- splitting up a recording and recording wrong program part of the time (happened once)
- recurring stuttering of playback every few seconds making program unwatchable (happened once)
- other various corruptions during playback that are remedied by stopping and restarting playback
- generally mediocre performance of OTA module (replaced the OTA module with no improvement)

No, never saw any evidence of overheating or rebooting on my 722K. Symptoms limited to:

-- splitting up a recording and recording wrong program part of the time (happened once)
bgee,

Count me in on the same symptom you have here. I have a ViP722 (non 'k' model) and saw that for the first time this weekend with NFL recordings. Methinks something is screwy in the latest software release, because I've never seen that before. Basically the recording didn't match the info/channel that was setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)