Stupid question about PC stuff

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bongo is giving you some good advice. Sounds like the Media Center you have been using is the one that was before W 7 came out. It is more kluge than W7. In fact the GUI (for W7 {graphical user interface} is more like Mac and there was some not too nice words tween MS and Mac (and maybe a law suit that was settled).

And Apple overcharges by a great deal on their stuff. And I hate their planned obsolescence policy.

You will never be able to get MacOS X to work correctly on a PC. The reason is, Apple is a closed system by design, they design the software and the hardware that it runs on, that is why Apples "just work." That is the reason that you cannot easily get their operating system to work on any third party hardware. If you do get it to work it will be on some type of emulating software and it will never work the way that it was designed. As far as a "planned obsolescence policy" I do not know where you got that idea, I have a four going on five year old MacBook Pro with 2GB of memory and a dual core intel chip that runs OS X 10.7 and it is as fast if not faster than when I got it. You might pay more for an Apple to begin with, but at least from my experience they seem to stay for the lack of a better word "faster" longer, of course I am a hard core Mac fan. Also, why do you think you need a Mac Pro? Seems to be a bit of overkill. Why don't you take a look at some of the iMac's?

Last edited:
You will never be able to get MacOS X to work correctly on a PC. I do not know where you got the idea that Apple has a "planned obsolescence policy." I have a four year old MacBook Pro that runs OS X 10.7 and it is as fast if not faster than it was when it was new. Apple is a closed system by design, they design the hardware and the software that it runs on, that is why it works. That is the reason that you cannot easily get their operating system to work on any third party hardware. If you do get it to work it will be on some type of emulating software and it will never work the way that it was designed. They also have excellent service.

Am running 10.7 just fine on my Dell Studio 13

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)