sub issues --- unreal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spollock02

Original poster
Apr 21, 2009
CA
Here is a mind blower for you.

I received my new Onkyo TX-SR507 about three weeks ago. Everything was setup and working fine. About a week ago the sub woofer stops working. Thinking that I mis-adjusted a setting I restore all defaults and redo the setup process. Still no sub.

I take it into our local service center and the tech plugs it into his sub and it works perfectly (I was a surprised because I was convinced it was a hardware malfunction).

I get the amp back home and hook up the sub. I with the volume both on the sub and amp set to max the sub is barley audible.

I think it is a compatibility issue so I take my sub to my brother inlaws house who has the identical Onkyo receiver and it works no problem. Again I am surprised.

I get home and plug the sub in, restore all defaults, and still the sub is barely audible at max settings.

What could possibly be going wrong here? I think the next step is to bring my sub and receiver to the service center. Before I did that I thought I would see if any of you may be able to help!! Any suggestions appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)