This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Subs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Hi Guys,
I posted several weeks back that I now own a DSR-905.
I now have another (7.5 ft.) dish to install.
Upon installation, I will be limited to 105 and west to 137 or so due to trees and terrain. Is it worth the work ? Will it work.
I want to subscribe using NPS or Skyvision...
Also, will the '905 work on its own as I do not own a '920 or '922 ?

Last edited:
The 905 sidecar should receive DC II signals fine on its own but you will need a way to move the dish such as an analog receiver(didn't see one listed above but maybe you have a Vbox with your Coolsat which should work if you slave the 905 to the Coolsat). I think you indicate your arc will be from 105 to 137 West. A lot of C-Band on the 120's and 130's West satellites (see Lyngsat) so it probably would be worth getting a sub and also getting some of the quasi-free DC II channels. Might be a good way to augmet your Direc TV subscription. Congrats and good luck with the new 905 reciever....

Thanks for the reply....
I got both the dish and the 905 from separate owners. The dish is a 7.5 Echostar mesh. It looks exactly like my 10 ft Unimesh only smaller.
I do own a v-box, so moving the dish is not a problem.
The reason for this undertaking is the wife will be retiring in 2 years, so the Directv sub will have to go along with several other goodies....
I want to try and have a good cross section of tv available at low cost including OTA. I just ordered a UHF pre-amp from ebay for the 2 bay Gray-Hoverman UHF antenna I built over the summer. If this all works as planned, I'll have the PR nets on 99w and whatever else I can get with NPS, plus the locals from Binghamton, Syracuse and Utica.

T-racer,
Too bad they don't sell the Falcon ute here, I'd be the first in line...
These things are slick.
So I take it I can get my re-hits on AMC-18?

I think you can (at least I have heard). I have the GTO ('05 6 speed LS2) which is basically a Holden Monaro CV8.
I with they would sell the Falcon Turbo's and Holden UTE's in the states. It would be the elcamino resurrected. I bet they would sell some. Probably not a high production car but a collectible some day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.