Status
Please reply by conversation.

kb2kir

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 18, 2007
Norwich, NY
Hi Guys,
I posted several weeks back that I now own a DSR-905.
I now have another (7.5 ft.) dish to install.
Upon installation, I will be limited to 105 and west to 137 or so due to trees and terrain. Is it worth the work ? Will it work.
I want to subscribe using NPS or Skyvision...
Also, will the '905 work on its own as I do not own a '920 or '922 ?

Last edited:
The 905 sidecar should receive DC II signals fine on its own but you will need a way to move the dish such as an analog receiver(didn't see one listed above but maybe you have a Vbox with your Coolsat which should work if you slave the 905 to the Coolsat). I think you indicate your arc will be from 105 to 137 West. A lot of C-Band on the 120's and 130's West satellites (see Lyngsat) so it probably would be worth getting a sub and also getting some of the quasi-free DC II channels. Might be a good way to augmet your Direc TV subscription. Congrats and good luck with the new 905 reciever....

Thanks for the reply....
I got both the dish and the 905 from separate owners. The dish is a 7.5 Echostar mesh. It looks exactly like my 10 ft Unimesh only smaller.
I do own a v-box, so moving the dish is not a problem.
The reason for this undertaking is the wife will be retiring in 2 years, so the Directv sub will have to go along with several other goodies....
I want to try and have a good cross section of tv available at low cost including OTA. I just ordered a UHF pre-amp from ebay for the 2 bay Gray-Hoverman UHF antenna I built over the summer. If this all works as planned, I'll have the PR nets on 99w and whatever else I can get with NPS, plus the locals from Binghamton, Syracuse and Utica.

T-racer,
Too bad they don't sell the Falcon ute here, I'd be the first in line...
These things are slick.
So I take it I can get my re-hits on AMC-18?

I think you can (at least I have heard). I have the GTO ('05 6 speed LS2) which is basically a Holden Monaro CV8.
I with they would sell the Falcon Turbo's and Holden UTE's in the states. It would be the elcamino resurrected. I bet they would sell some. Probably not a high production car but a collectible some day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)