Dropping my pizza subscription

Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Going back to free to air, ota antenna and roku.

Trimmed my trees so my big dish works better.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Practically speaking, how much does FTA contribute as compared to OTA or Roku?

Well, if you are on the West coast as I am. It's significant. Although I have a minimal DISNTWRK subscription, I watch several network shows up to 3 hrs early rather than record them during the week. No Roku yet.

[FONT=&quot]With different time zones available I can get about 5 hours of primetime in. For example, starting at 6 local time (cst) last night I watched The Mentalist, Once Upon a Time, Resurrection, Revenge, and Crisis.[/FONT]

And on Monday nights I will watch Castle at 7pm, and Intelligence at 8pm on the same satellite.

I switched both my home phones to magic jack plus. These cutbacks are saving me nearly 300.00 per month.

Considering dropping cable in favor of D15H welcome Pack. Cable @ more than $4 per 'watched' hour vs what calculates out to under a buck for the 'Pack'. Only lose 1 channel that's watched very occasionally.
So, question, what do I have to get off 'bay' to be able to order?

Considering dropping cable in favor of D15H welcome Pack. Cable @ more than $4 per 'watched' hour vs what calculates out to under a buck for the 'Pack'. Only lose 1 channel that's watched very occasionally.
So, question, what do I have to get off 'bay' to be able to order?
VIP 211K,appropriate eastern or western arc dish,add $10 a month if you want HD,a one time $40 charge if you want it to be a DVR(add your own external hard drive).Assuming you want to own and install yourself,no contract/pay by month(means no "deals" pay full price,but you can come and go as you please).
A year ago I got my 211k for $75,new,and a 1000.2 WA dish for $50,new.

Thanks. Won't need DVR or HD as it's only mindless, time wasting, entertainment. Can't do it with a single 'dish sat' dish?? [dang] Got a few that are now under snow drifts. Will use FTA and DVD/blu ray for any HD n/or movies. Just TIRED of the price of the +$4/hr cable.

In that case,no HD,you could most likely use a "dish 500" to get 110 and 119 and get what you want.Everybody has a D 500 dish in the junk pile :D.Just need to get the vip211k then.

I bought a "flex tv system" from an online seller and did a self install. It was less than 200.00 shipped for a western arc dish and dual tuner 322.

Can't do it with a single 'dish sat' dish??

2 old single lnb directv dishes and a sw21 will solve that issue

but most of the "cable" channels on welcome pack are on 119. looking at "the list" above the only "cable channel" on 110 are
Bloomberg Television
Boomerang
The Hub
TV Guide

alot of the religious/shopping channels are on 110

depending on location you may need a separate dish for HD locals

:up Don't need locals from dish. Get 'em OTA. I got 4 old single lnb directv dishes, and maybe a lnb or two, And a old stock NIB one also. (Installed & serviced many when they first came out) No sw21 tho.

Don't know just what's in the Welcome pac,but you might get everything you want just off 119.
With Dish you get the locals whether you want them or not,now.The 211k has an OTA tuner in it,so if you scanned your ota locals in they should show up in the guide.

Just did a really quick check of the flea and looks like you could pick up a 211k and a D500 for about a 100 bucks.The sw21's are cheap,the highest I saw was $6,but I didn't look that hard,so you could do a 2 dish set up for cheap.Just make sure when you buy that the 211k is yours,owned, not leased.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts